• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Extasy Waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The spindlewatercoolingproject is finish and it works fine so far J

3.jpg

4.jpg

For small benchsession, i build an external watercooling. Compnents r Ehaim 1046, 120mm Radiator, 230V fan, filtresystem with valve of aquacomputer and a display to cherck the temperature. The system has a small size. 220x145x255mm. Coolingpower straight 200W. Peak 400W für some minuites.

1.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Hi,
i got the silver and black anodized aluminiumtops for the new cpu waterblock. Also 10 kilos nickleplated coldplates for my customers. I guess in next week i have some nice new pix of variants of the cpu waterblock. Iam excited to see the result. But i must mill white covers first. At least the parts r here and looks good :)

Attached some pix of a Zotac RTX 3060 Ti Watrblock

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Hi, today i will update the forum for the last time of this year. I build an Asus TUF RTX4090 o24G OG with aRGB’s. Aside the No. UNO CPU waterblock it is my first one. For the next production r the following waterblocks planned.

KFA Geforce RTX 4070 TI EX Gamer
Playstation 5 waterblock
XFX RX7800XT Speedstar MERC319
AMD K7 waterblocks for Retrofans
Some Ramwaterblocks

The both GPU waterblocks in next year will have a new cover to hide some screws. We will begin the next year with a new design of GPU waterblocks based on the No. UNO CPU waterblock. Iam satisfied how it looks in real.

Asus TUF RTX4090 o24G OG
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Hi, one of my favourite best looking Liquid Extasy GPU watrblocks is one of the RX Vega 64. The new waterblock of this year will have also such black cover, but an other shape.
I will check if i can use this design for the next waterblocks :)

RX Vega 64
2.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Interesting choice with the shape/'points' in the impeller chamber. The 'house' shape feels like that would cause some sort of whirlpooling and potential variability in the actual flow rate, no? You want these chambers much more tight to the impeller, or at least even on all sides? I doubt it matters much, but just never seen one shaped like that.

Should work. I was impsired by this:

Attachments

• 61w96m4cu1L._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    61w96m4cu1L._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2
I mean, it will spin, lol. But will it be as accurate as others without the odd shape? Might be worth testing to see what difference, if any, there in the flow rates.

What is in the top chamber? Why is it so 'big'? Is there going to be a LCD readout there or?

Last edited:
in the top is the resorvoir for the air. I tested it, it works fine ;-)
And also, its much biger then for pc watercooling. So the flowrate will be not worster.

Short update.

Last days I milled a MSI RX 6900XT waterblock in acryl. I like it more than the acetalversion.

6.JPG

And I finish the AMD Version of the No. UNO. A cheaper lightversion does exist also. The first tests looks not that bad. But its what I expected, coz of the big surface of fins at the coldplate and the jetplate over the pcores. Attached some pix.

1.JPG

2.JPG

So...what's the likelihood of you doing custom VRM waterblocks, and what would the process be? In this specific instance, replacing the heatsinks on an Asrock TRX50 WS.

May be my english is too bad or google transalter lie...
If u want to place an order for a custommade VRM waterblock, u need to deliver CAD's in igs or stp or send ur hardware to me, to germany.

Yesterday i milled some copper heatspreader vor RAM modules. On monday i will mill the cooler.

Hi,

I don’t have many updates report. The copper coldplates i milled already and I have been milling the plastic parts since a few days. I'm working now a little bit more with the large CNC, which should actually be mechanically stable. But it isn't. 4 years ago I had everything on the milling spindle serviced and replaced for €2500. However, the same problems still does exist. -> Tool is not always ejected correctly, especially if the machine hasnt worked since 2 months. Rust on the flange with increased cutting force, which is none.

The spindle is specified at 40cm³/min and my volume is only 7.5 cm.³/min. Shouldn't be a problem. But it is.

Since I can't get any further with a new repair because everything has already been repaired, I am seeking for a solution. I have 5 original tool holders that weren't cheap at €400 per piece. I got 20pieces more of remade clampingtools for around €150/piece.

It is noticeable that despite higher cutting forces due to the higher lever, this problem does not exist with the original tool holders. However, with the remade clampingtools I have rust on the tools. I have now ordered 5 new milling cutters and will test them with the original clampingtools and with the remade clampingtools and hope that something can be derived from this. I guess so.

New developments will be milled from April and the current round of production should be completed at the end of March, which will be quite tight. New are Sapphire Pulse RX 7800 XT Gaming and EVGA RTX 3070 TI XC3. Anyone who is interested in sending in their card is warmly invited.

2.jpg 1.JPG

@Al_bundy

One thing puzzles me... you say that since the tool's clamping screws have been replaced, rust has occurred.
Your (replacement) clamping screws are not full stainless steel certainly, 18/10 or higher quality, but not NASA (like many things today).

The rust comes from migration and/or slight wear of a coating layer.
What is the condition of your remplacement clamping screws ?

In any case, you're doing a great job ! Thanks for sharing your passion.

PS: rust spots can be treated with phosphoric acid... (I don't need to tell you to be careful!)

Edit: Ho, I just realized that what you're showing is the clamping tool!
Check the shaft then too

Last edited:
The problem of the clampingtool is the microvibration coz of a bad accuracy of the copied clampingtools. I dont have this problem with the originalclampingtools. The problem is, the copy cost 150€ per piece and the original 330€/piece. And i have 22 pieces of toolholder... ... so it would be expensive...

Iam close to send the last waterblocks to my customers. But iam still waiting of the nickleplated parts. In next time it is necessary to update my airfiltersystem. I need ~ 30% more flow. I must check if I can build it in the beginning of may.

For this round of production r finish: XFX RX7800XT Speedster MERC319, Playstation 5, KFA2 GeForce RTX 4070 Ti EX Gamer, Ramwaterblock for 2 and for 6 Module and a Custommade waterblock for an AMD K7.

For the next round of production r prepared: Asus B550I Aorus Pro AX, Sapphire Pulse RX 7800 XT Gaming 16GB DDR5 Dual, EVGA RTX 3070 TI CX3 und die Nvidia RTX 4080 SUPER FE. All watrblocks will be have an aRGB and a shield to hide the screws.

And the NO. UNO was tested at igorslab. Unfortunality the reviewer had problems to mount the block correctly. He tried to mount the block with 0,3 and 0.6Nm. The regular torque is 0,12nM L So the coldplate was deformed and the performance was not that good. The reviewer told me already by mail that the setup is not perfect for this waterblock. He said: its a worst case for the waterblock. Especially for the Acrylglasversion.

Nevertheless P5 für the Fullmetallversion. For such platform is the result not that bad even if we remember that the waterblock was not mounted correctly.

1.jpg

Back