• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S corruption and the 2.81 Asus drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mwhitwor

Registered
My setup:

A rev 2.0 board with a single 7200RPM drive using the serial converter on SATA1, and another single 7200RPM drive using IDE0. It appears I had the corruption issue, as XP kept telling me system files had been modified when I hadn't installed/updated anything, I started getting more and more BSOD's just opening a browser, etc.

Anyway, I had to reload. I didn't have a floppy with the 2.81 drivers, so I installed with the drives on IDE0 and IDE1, then I used XP Device Manager to "update" the Sil Image drivers by pointing to the location where I'd extracted the drivers. Then I put the drives back in the SATA/IDE config. Everything seems fine, but when I check the properties on the drivers in Device Manager, is shows 1.0.0.28, not 1.0.0.281 with a Feb 2003 file date. I'm not at home, but I think the new files are April, right? WTH? I've seen similar behavior trying to install ATI Radeon drivers where Windows File Protection second-guesses you, but this seems right to me.

Anyway, I am hoping someone can verify this or provide a resolution before I have to reload AGAIN. I'm already concerned based upon the corruption I saw earlier that it may already be jacked up, although there are no BSOD's etc. and mysterious file change yet.

Don't feel bad man... I can't even get my SATA to find my HD, never have been able to as far as I know, dunno... maybe it's something I didn't do right :(

Man this really sucks

mwhitwor said:
My setup:

Anyway, I am hoping someone can verify this or provide a resolution before I have to reload AGAIN. I'm already concerned based upon the corruption I saw earlier that it may already be jacked up, although there are no BSOD's etc. and mysterious file change yet.

If you are not sure then uninstall the drivers in device manager and restart when it prompts you to. After it restarts, it will redetect the device and will go through the install driver prompts.
Give it the location and it will install the drivers you want. I did that with my raid setup when I was not quite sure whether I had removed the 281 drivers when I wanted the 28 drivers.

Al

USAPGAPRO said:
I hope Abit, gets new drivers soon for the sata, as I plan to go sata in a few months.

They are supposed to be releasing a fixed version of the drivers in a few days. They are beta testing them so far and they say it looks like they have solved the problem.

Al

Back