• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much problem can EMI be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elv

Hi all , just set up my whatercooling, but I am having trouble with EMI.And I am wondering what damege it can have on my computer.
The rig is like this from left on the desk.1:The computer 2:the watercolling tank I have and the pumb is on there 3: the monitor.
The desk is only 1m long so everthing is pretty close. When I first started the setup with watercooling I could not look at the monitor because of distrotion.I have moved the monitor a bit from the watertank so the distortion is minimal.
But I am afraid that the EMI can damage the CPU and the rest of the computer.
How worry should I be and what can I do to fix this.
I cant realli move the tank as I have small children, so this was the only place to put it.

my maxijet 1200 has caused 0 problems without any external shielding. I also dont have it right up against the motherboard so....

Monitors without shielding will likely be effected though as mine is if it gets within a foot of the pump. This is all very "duh" though, nothing tricky going on with emi making the computer crash or causing it to go slower because of errors or corrupting data.

Back