• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Plumbob

Hi

I wonder if anyone can offer some sound advice, i'm a complete OC novice and some help on where to start with my system would be much appreciated here's my spec:

GA-8IHXP (850e),P4 2.8 northwood,512mb rambus PC1066,Radeon 8500 64mb,Zalman cnps5700d-Cu,Antec plus600 amg,Altec Lansing 5100

Well, unfortunately you don't have a very good oc'n setup. I dont' know much about the 8ihxp, but just turn up the fsb a little at a time (usually 3-5fsb), and do a lot of testing in between. Most of the 2.8's didn't fare very well. Also, make sure that you have the AGP/PCI locked (being an intel chipset I'm pretty sure you shoul still have that). If you get stuck at some point, your motherboard should still have the x3 and x4 options for the ram, turn it back down to x3 (someone who has this board can probably tell you exactly what it is...on my th7 it was just x3 or x4 for memory speeds) and test some more. GL and let us know how you do!

Back