• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I make thermal paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is what I found...

70% silver by weight multiplied by three grams of grease...

Have fun figuring that out ;)...

there was some website that used peanut butter (amoung other things) as thermal grease. If i remeber right they got temps of about 60-70C:D

you know...best buy sells antec reference thermal past for 10.00 a 3 gram tube...it is the exact same thing as AS 1...and you can get it the same day ;)...

Compusa has the fake "artic silver" not arctic silver but it's not labeled that way, still has the little tube with the red cap like the fake stuff does though.

liquidvision, i have noticed your posts in quite a few topics now. and may i say how annoying it is when you capitalize every other words and add 'LOL' at the end of your post. I mean, what is so funny? why a need to capitalize? We can still see the fuxing text, so stop it.

Back to the topic, dont do it. Just go into a computer shop and im sure they have some cheap tubes of the stuff that they would let you have for nothing, if not then it'll cost you barely a few pennies.

XJ said:
liquidvision, i have noticed your posts in quite a few topics now. and may i say how annoying it is when you capitalize every other words and add 'LOL' at the end of your post. I mean, what is so funny? why a need to capitalize? We can still see the fuxing text, so stop it.

Woah, somebody is on their rag this time of the month. all he capitalized was TON and LOL, I would guess he capitalized TON just to put emphasis on it. Cool Down.

PunkRawk911 said:

Woah, somebody is on their rag this time of the month. all he capitalized was TON and LOL, I would guess he capitalized TON just to put emphasis on it. Cool Down.

Read his first post.

WHAT the CRAP DUDE if your that bad off I will MAIL you some

LOL

not really necessary.

geez, you tightwads need to chill... i think the guy is just trying to express in text how hed say it real life. hes excited,... hes giving away AS3 hes so excited,.. we should all be excited for him. when i talk to someone in public and they are talkin like theyre all geeked or somthin, i dont say to em "hey man, stop tallking like that",.. i let em do their thing, and either engage them in the topic at hand,... or drop it.
P.S.
" I mean, what is so funny?"... that goat av is a trip for starters, lol

The_Jizzler said:
geez, you tightwads need to chill... i think the guy is just trying to express in text how hed say it real life. hes excited,... hes giving away AS3 hes so excited,.. we should all be excited for him. when i talk to someone in public and they are talkin like theyre all geeked or somthin, i dont say to em "hey man, stop tallking like that",.. i let em do their thing, and either engage them in the topic at hand,... or drop it.
P.S.
" I mean, what is so funny?"... that goat av is a trip for starters, lol
I aggree. Really XJ, you dont need to be like that, he is a newer member and all your doing is putting him down, so maybe you should "STOP IT" LOL

You would save yourself a lot of time and hassle just buying it, and I suspect that it may be just as cheap to buy good quality paste than attempt to recreate ASIII.
If you do chose to make your own, good luck :)

ive posted this befoe but you can also try graphite grease and fine copper filings. or find a old silver coin and file it down, maybe even a old silver spoon or somethin. mix the grease with the filings till you get a past. the filings should be made with the finest pitch file available.

hey mr. poor,
if you gimme your addy i'll send you some generic thermal paste that comes with all HSFs...

Back