• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o/c P3-700E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

camb03

Registered
Is an Golden Orb from Thermaltake enough cooling to o/c a P3-700E? In the past I've heard of people o/c with stock fan ok. I am running this cpu on a TUSL2-C. Does this board provides enough voltage to take it to 933Mhz at 133FSB?

extra cooling always better 4 O/C...

i have O/C'ed slot P!!!, and it's lookin' good with stock cooling...
i don't know TUSL2s voltages, but probably it'll work...

The TUSL2-C is a pretty good overclocker. In fact, it's the board of choice for overclocking tualatin celerons. And I know it will hit at least 1.8V.
That Gorb is not much better than a stock heatsink, I'm afraid. That doesn't mean you won't hit 933 with that cpu, but if you don't already have the heatsink, I'd buy something else.

Try a Thermalright SK-6 for about $13. You'll need to buy a fan with it, but, if looks are important, this shiny copper heatsink and a fan with LED's will make that orb look pathetic. And it will massively outperform the orb.

I agree with Caffinehog, the Golden Orb really isn't all that good for OC'ing. Mine is now acting as a paper weight. It's ok for stock speed, or a few Mhz higher in FSB, but I wouldn't try a 33% OC with one.

Will this board support P3-Tualatins with 512 L2 Cache? Asus tech support says it won't but I see CPU database showing people do.

Back