• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ CPU temp low reading roumor???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

filip04

ok, i've had enough of this...

people constantly say that the 8rda+ reads the cpu temp lower than its actually at....

is this true???
and if yes, by how much???

i really don't care how hot my cpu is right now as i run stable, but 36°C does seem kinda low considering i run 2.05Vcore (slk800+tornado cooling)

so, just for kicks... what is my actual cpu temp??? (by the way, i don't have an external temp sensor so that i could check myself)

thanx in advance
-Fil

Yeah, my temp reading is very low to.. But the thing I am getting ****ed of by is that it will never shut down. And when I have set the cpu alarm to go of at 50C it wont even go of at 60C..

My temps are high as well, but then again, the stuff IS hot!

36C just doesn't sound realistic, especially with aircooling. How hot is the environment?

its about 20°C in here...

remember that i have THE BEST air coolin possible... my 84CFM fan and the slk800 make an AWESEOME combination... in fact, if you look on the "holy list of heatsinks" here there is only ONE WC kit that does better than my combo... heh, even my friend's $400 WC kit doesn't come close

Well when I went form an 8RDA+ to an 8RDA3+ the temp went from 35-36 C to 39-41.

That could be from reseating the HSF though..
I have heard the temp it reads is around 1.5 degrees low.

it does read about 10-15c below what the temps are...the new 8RDA3+ and the phantom 8RDA+ rev 2.0 has replaced the sensor to read from the die...on the 8RDA+ and non rev 1.0 and rev 1.1...it is not set up to read the CPU temp from the die...biggest mistake they made...besides not adding a VDD voltage regulator to the VDD...

filip04 said:
its about 20°C in here...

remember that i have THE BEST air coolin possible... my 84CFM fan and the slk800 make an AWESEOME combination... in fact, if you look on the "holy list of heatsinks" here there is only ONE WC kit that does better than my combo... heh, even my friend's $400 WC kit doesn't come close

Whoa that is nice CFM, which fan is that if i may ask and what is the decibel level at 84 cfm

SWE_HELIX said:
Yeah, my temp reading is very low to.. But the thing I am getting ****ed of by is that it will never shut down. And when I have set the cpu alarm to go of at 50C it wont even go of at 60C..

The BIOS alarm and shutdown use the die temp, but the board reports from it's own sensor-- so if MBM shows 60 and BIOS hasnt warned you it means either the die temp is significantly lower than the sensor or it's broke.

You can set it to warn(beep i assume) at a certain temp and shut down at a certain temp.

Erm...it reports the temp as too low?? MBM and USDM both give me 51C with a case temp of 37/38C (ambient is close to 28C with some humidity) and I'm watercooled. If this is true, there's something very wrong with my cooling, don't you think?

~THT

umm... my input on b4 my bios corrupted was no higher then 38c at 2.3ghz (1700+ dlt3c) and the HS when i felt it was barely warm... guessing 85-95f do know the math to convert c to f or other way so...

Can I ask one question? How the hell DOES the 8RDA+ read CPU temperatures? There is no little thermistor thing sticking up and reaching for the bottom of the CPU - the silkscreen and pilot holes are there, but the sensor is absent.

IF temps are read from the mainboard, then those are mainboard temps, bridged with some kind of resistor inside the mobo, and nothing else.

Back