• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler XP questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orange400

MSI has this neato prog included in their software bundle for my KT4V mobo, and one of them is called cooler XP, a branch of the PC Alert program. But I was wondering ... I put it into my startup folder for windows so it always starts up on power-on, but is there a way to start it only into the sys tray so I don't have to click mini every time? Thanks all!

Umm. Im not really sure. whenever I start up windows in just minimizes and goes to my system tray. Have you tried going into prefrences and looking around in there?

PC Alert goes into the system tray, but I'm just running coolerxp.exe, that's it. I think I'll look around some more, maybe I can figure it out.

Right click the 'shortcut' icon for coolerxp.exe go to "properties', then 'shortcut' tab now where it says "run" select "minimized" and click ok, that is assuming you just put the "shortcut" icon in your start up folder. if you put the actual program and NOT the shortcut, move it (coolerxp.exe) somewhere else and just put the "shortcut" icon in the startup folder, and do as I said, now when it runs it should just be minimized.

I did that first thing but it doesn't work. You can minimize it with a right click and it'll go to the taskbar, but if you want it to go to the system tray you have to click "mini". I dunno, maybe I'm getting picky. Would CPUidle do this?

ok what I meant was right click on the desktop icon shortcut you know the icon you double click to open the program? right click on that, got that? now after you right click it will show several different things, one of them should say "properties" click on that, k? now after that a window should pop up, in the window near the top it will have several different tabs/buttons one should say "shortcut" click on it, now about 2/3's of the way down it will say "run" right next to run it says "normal" change that to "minimized" so it looks like this.

Run: Normal (before)

Run: Minimized (after)

hope that helps if not my msn messenger is: [email protected] add me if you need help, I can help much easier on that since it would be realtime help.

Schism

yeah I know that totally dude it's like doiiii to me
thanks for the help though (that's not sarcasm)

If I do that it minimizes, but goes into the taskbar. If I click mini, it shrinks into the system tray. If I start it up minimized, it stays on the taskbar, and doesn't go into the system tray. Sorry for the confusion dude.

Whoa ... guess what ... my motherboard has this cooling feature built into the bios ... didn't even know. That's sick dude!

Back