• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Waterchiller?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea, custom is the way to go. Unless you can find a really cheap chilled water bath on ebay. Most aquarium chillers run at least $300....

I used to have a custom chiller for my aquarium, and indeed I saved over 150 bucks compared to a new one. Eventually I had to buy one though, as the custom one turned unstable almost killing my fish.

but for OC cooling, top notch, but be careful if you wanna try it with an aquarium.. fish don't have a heat warning, they just turn their bellies up... :rolleyes:

Cheers, Flix

Why not a small(er) water cooler? Ya know, the ones at the office :)

EDIT:
Oh yeah, how bout a couple ice cubes periodically? heh

Last edited:
I saw a pic of a guy who had his water cooling hooked up to the water disspensors, you know the ones with the 5 gallon jugs? Anyway I don't know how he did it but it looked simple, and neat, just looked wierd without the big blue jug.

That was a good deal. How big are those? I might go wet and instead of getting pelts I'll just get chilled water. My computers are in a sunroom so cooling is a must.

The liquour store next to my work has this great little gadget. Its basically a chilled bucket of swirling water (for chilling wine). The compressor sits underneath it, its about 3ft heigh and about 17" diameter. I so want to get one and just drop a copper coil in there. ;)

nealric, about how loud is that Haake water bath in operation? It looks very interesting.

Would you happen to know where I could find more information about it? I'm curious on it's power consumtion and cooling capability.

Its not loud at all, the same as a small fridge.

I would assume power consumption is about the same as a small fridge. Cooling capability? Like I said, I havnt been able to test it in any scientific way. I will find out within the next two weeks as I get the system up and running-

The soldering irons were both 40w i think, so at the very least it can remove 80w (im sure much more). Mine is an older model, so I couldnt find any specs on their website.

nealric, thank you.

When you have the chance to play with it some more, I would be very appreciative if you could let me know if you ever find out about what it's cooling capacity is :) 80W is quite promising though...

The water bath dosent actually have a pump in it (would be kinda nice). Ive got a via aqua 1300 im planning on putting in it- but like i said its not up and running yet. Should be by next week or so.

Back