• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temp on a NF7-S v2 dropped when I repossitioned my memmory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M4DC0W

Excuse me for being lazy and not makeing a signature w/ my sys specs, but I wanted to know if anyone else noticed this:

I have a NF7-S mobo w/ a Barton 2500+ (forgot to write down the stepping) w/ 2 sticks of Corsair XMS PC3200-LL running dual channel DDR at 400MHz. I noticed a 5 degree drop in CPU temp when I switched the memmory from slots 2 + 3 to slots 1 + 3. (Load temp dropped 5 degrees and Idle dropped 3 degrees). I'm interested if anyone else has witnessed this. I'd also be interested if anyone notices a change in benchmark results.

Hmm...that's interesting. I may try that...though my RAM is already in slots 1 and 3.

also it could be the ambient temps....I wouldn't think logically that repositioning ram sticks would lower temps...altough there could be like some sorta extra resistence in your 2nd dimm.......but I dunno I am just making something up to try and explain the temp diffs if the ambient isn't the cause ;)

Strange. I could understand if it was from Slot 1 to 2, as there might be more air getting to your 'sink, with the RAM stick further away...

Fever said:
'Very odd.. Can anyone else confirm this?

i'll give it a try, i'm currently using slots 2 and 3. i'll be back in a couple minutes :)

edit: no change, my temps are identicle.

Last edited:
Back