• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need tip's for NF7-s setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I have been running whats in my sig for about 6 months I decided to pick up an NF7-s from a guy that said it did 227 DC with the vdd @ 1.7 so I'am hoping my winbond and hyperx will be able to run 220 DC. Also If you have any tips or link I should know about please let me in on the abit side. I know there was or is a problem with hyper x 3500 I hope mine will run ok in this new board. I know a few thing's about the abit board but mainly I just want so extra tip's from you guy's.

Of utmost importance if you haven't purchased it yet - make sure it's a 2nd revision board! That's an NF7-S V2.0! That should help you out immensely, no matter what you're planning to do with it. :D

Btw, they hit 220FSB easy, so no worries about that.

It is a rev 2.0 Btw I was just wanting some tip's hint's to help me out with this board are is it pretty much about the same as the 8rda?

Humm, you can't run an NF7-S with 2 stick of Hyper-X, but 1 is fine (actually, you can but they wont reach their advertised speed)...

So if you're using a winbond and an Hyper-X you should be fine...

I'm just warning you, don't buy an other one ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pairing memory modules for this particular board is a ***** to pair up.... HyperX and Winbond ...chips for thought... when you start setting things on your board up... use only one module (pickone). Once you've gotten all the updates and your board stable enough, check and see how high each module will run bythemselves on the 1st memslot.... anotate everything down, from timings to fsb speeds/voltages. then put them bot in DualCancer mode, err... dualChannel mode and 166FSB. Start from there, and watch and anotate your settings as you start your way up to 200fsb. (assuming you've got a xp1700 or a xp2100). If you find yourself with the board not booting up correctly into windows then you've got a picky board with ddr memory that won't do DC on you. chips for thought.

Well I have both a 1700 and a 2100 that I will using to run on this board my 2100 does about 2.4 the 1700 does about 2.2. I'am just looking for a better 3dmark and pcmark score and also the better sound should be great.

RedDawg41 said:
Pairing memory modules for this particular board is a ***** to pair up....

I agree but since you can control the memory timings manually with this board, it should be realisable. I also saw some forum user doing it, so...

My point was more about warning him about the Hyper-X thing...

Back