• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan and voltage monitoring?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squale

I was considering going with the Thermaltake Xaser v2000a case and that has the built in Hardcano 9 fan monitoring system I believe.. correct?

Anyhow, I was wondering, what is the best tool for monitoring your voltages, fans, temps, etc. I see the Digidoc and the Zalman products. I also see the Hardcano from Thermaltake. But I also use Motherboard Monitor 5 on all my computers. So I was wondering what's the best thing to use, one of these above devices or just stick with MBM 5? I hear a lot of people saying that the motherboards don't really put out accurate measurements and usually external monitoring hardware is what is needed to accurately monitor your system. So could somebody please give me some info on what I should do? Should I buy a Digidoc or something like it.. is this better than the Hardcano 9 that comes in the Xaser case?

Also, if you could please briefly explain to me how you hook up all the wires on the digidoc so that you can monitor the temps and voltages, and fans I would appreciate it. I just don't know whether I should get a cheaper case and buy maybe a digidoc or separte hardcano or even the Zalman unit or whether to just buy the Xaser III case as is and use MBM 5 for the voltages and temps. Please help!

Thanks

Back