• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding the Zalman CNPS-7000cu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Icarus

Has anyone ever tried modding the Zalman 7000-Cu? As in taking the original Zalman fan out and replacing it with a higher quality/more powerful fan. I've seen on numerous hardware sites that the whole setup can be taken apart rather easily. so is it possible at all? just a thought... :p

im getting that hsf this summer... what fan would you put on? i doubt'll ill mod it but if it gets much better results without being overly loud... :D

I don't even know if this would work at all. I was hoping someone here would have a little experience or something.

but if it is at all possible, I would probably replace it with a papst or panaflo.

im sure you can try :) after all you can always put ur zalman back on if you fail...

post your results i for one would be interested to hear them

Maybe im wrong about this, but wouldnt it sort of destroy the entire point of that heatsink. It cools really well for its low level of noise.

The main page here rates the Zalman at 0.18 while the SLK is 0.15. This looks like the SLK is better, but at the cost of noise. If you change the fan on the Zalman you take away the advantange of the zalman and you basically got a SLK both in terms of noise and maybe cooling.

Back