• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Ok, I want to get one of those koolance case sbecause they are cheap/look sweet. However, it is setup on 1/4" (8mm) tubing. You have to buy you rown waterblock, but I am haveing dificulty finding one. Will I be able to squeeze it over a 3/8" barb? Im looking at Maze3's btw at DangerDen

EDIT: Also, will these http://dangerden.com/mall/blocks/chipset.asp work with a Radeon 9500? Any suggestions for vid card/chipset coolers? CHeap is good!

Thanks

also, is it possible to convert it to something bigger?
Thanks.

first, The koolance is not exactly what i would call cheap. Pretty much anyone on this forum will tell you that you can build your own for less and it will perform better. That aside you might be able to stretch the tubing over 3/8 but will be TIGHT. Also converting the entire system over to 3/8 or 1/2 is pointless because the radiator and pump use the 1/4 fittings so there would be no gain without changing the radiator and pump in which case you just built yourself a new system. Whatever way you go have fun, you won't miss the noise :D

edit koolance makes a waterblock for their system. I don't remember the model number but i'm sure you can get it from the koolance website.

Kaltag is right. Koolance has compatable pieces for their setup that will work perfectly along with what they give you...however, I will reiterate what he said above

Pretty much anyone on this forum will tell you that you can build your own for less and it will perform better.

you can never discredit the experience and achievment you feel after you've finished your first setup as well as the knowledge you gain from it =).

If you can't get it to fit, heat the tubing in boiling water or with a hairdryer. Heat the block up a bit, too, or it will be tough to get it onto it.

-Tricks you learn in a chemistry laboratory.

well, its 210 for the whole case one. I need a new case. That case+psu=a littl eover 100. 110 plus I get that sweet thing on top. I think Ill just go with it. If I ever feel the need, ill replace the radiator or something.

You should get a slight performance gain if you change all the tubing to a larger size:
bigger tubes flow better, period.

Just how well the pump in the Koolance can take advantage of that I do not know.

Note: I found a Koolance block cheap- CPU200g and it really isn't bad.....

Definitely not a first rate block, and just about every block that is made for 3/8" ID tube or bigger will probably perform better, but that block does work.

Of course I seem to remember some vendor was having a sale on blocks and most of them used 1/4" ID tube.......

rogerdugans said:
You should get a slight performance gain if you change all the tubing to a larger size:
bigger tubes flow better, period.

Just how well the pump in the Koolance can take advantage of that I do not know.

Note: I found a Koolance block cheap- CPU200g and it really isn't bad.....

Definitely not a first rate block, and just about every block that is made for 3/8" ID tube or bigger will probably perform better, but that block does work.

Of course I seem to remember some vendor was having a sale on blocks and most of them used 1/4" ID tube.......

I am well aware of that block. It is like 54 bucks or something htough, so I would rather buy a maze3 or somehting.

Back