• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

simply amazing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
I got bored today, so i ran down to the local PC shot and picked up an 80mm LED fan. Made a hole right above my current side intake fan. (which the new fan sits over and just to the right of the CPU fan) My case temps went from 28 degrees to 25 degrees, and my idle CPU droped from 40-41 degrees, to 34-35 degrees! Not bad for an 8 dollar investment. Its not ducted either just have two side intakes now :)

I did something similar, I made a hole in a acrylic window, put on a Coolermaster LED fan, my temps lowered alot from 55 C. idle to 46-48 C with a SLK-800.

that is an easy mod i have to 80mm fans in the side of my case and a 92mm in the top , and the thing is the more air flow you can get the better, i guess .

Josebmw said:
55 C. idle to 46-48 C with a SLK-800.

Holy Bijesus Batman! 55C?! that what I get at load, and 36C idle...u need to crank that bad boy down becuse you probably go into the 70C's when at full load

Well, the ventilation was pretty bad, so the case got pretty got, case temps, even at idle reach 37-38 c.

Oblivion2kX said:
Holy Bijesus Batman! 55C?! that what I get at load, and 36C idle...u need to crank that bad boy down becuse you probably go into the 70C's when at full load

HAHA i get 38°, sometimes 40° TOPS! LOAD :p :p

2 x 120mm fans, and my SLK800 w/ TT smartfan 2

edit:
Josebmw said:
Well, the ventilation was pretty bad, so the case got pretty got, case temps, even at idle reach 37-38 c.

Are you getting proper airflow? Did you make sure your IDE cables arent blocking your Fans...i dont mean to make you sound noobish, its just when i poped open my friends case he had THIS FAT @$$ IDE cable covering his 8mm fan LOL, and he wonders why his temps were a bit high, we rounded that MOFO!:D

Yea, well now I have watercooling on the system. I have a ATC-220, which has poor ventilation, but it's fixed now...

Wait u said you had 38C idle temps? ....I think your getting mixed up with yuor F and C lol...anyway if u get 38C now then thats a big drop campered to 55C :p

Back