• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB cooling, mosfets, SB, all of thee above?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I'm ordering a NF7-S REV2 this week. I'm just wondering what cooling accessories I should be sure to get. Do I need a sink on the SB? Is the stock heatsink on the NB fine? (is it loud?) Any input on what else you think I should get for overclocking would be great.

you will probably have to hs the sb to avoid crackles. the nb fan has kind of a whine to it. not that bad. im gonna use a zalman passive on mine though.

Ive gotten better results with my zalman which is kind of weird because i have such little airflow through my case. And yes the mosfets do need cooling because they get HOOOT!!!

The Abit NB cooler should be replaced. The Zalman will work well. If you plan on running your fsb over 212 than adding a SB cooler will help. HERE is a thread with pics of of NB,SB and Mosfet cooling.

How loud is the Vantec Copper IceBerg 4? I can't find any dB specs anywhere. And does it work better than the zalman.

Thanks for all the input

I use a zalman fan bracket and have a 92mm fan that can hit the mosfets, cpu socket and northbridge. Keeps the mosfets and passive northbridge heatsink pretty cool.

Back