• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap ba.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UselesKnoledge

Registered
I think I learned my lesson on buying cheap barebones systems. I got 2 systems which I thought had xp 1900's in them, well, bios is saying they're xp 2000's which isn't too bad of a deal:) Except for the fact that they overheat and lock up before it even detects the hard drive I put in one. They have the cheesiest HSF's I think I have ever seen, the HSF on my p1 pushes more air. I put a floor fan in front of it with the cover off and it manages to tell me that there is no operating system, just that dropped it 4 degrees. Oh well, time to spend some money on a better cooling system.

yea that does suck... at least you have a better processor:D but get that 800 and see if it will detect an os with a lesser temp, and while your waiting make sure the heatsink is seated right.

Back