• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dtek 3/8 core to 1/2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GWN

I have a dtek heater core that I ordered with 3/8 barbs a long time ago ( bad mistake) I now want to go to 1/2 barbs becasue I am changing my system to 1/2 all the way around. Is it just a matter of getting the old barbs out and putting in 1/2 inch ones or will the actual holes in the core where the barbs go in need to be drilled out larger? I really don't want to buy a new core just to get 1/2 barbs on it.
Any ideas?

Actually if your DTek core is the same as mine and I'm sure it is the barbs jut screw in. In that case just buy new barbs and screw them in, there you go 1/2" barbs. :)

Sweet! that's kind of what i was hoping. My question was weather or not the holes that the barbs screwed into were big enough for the threaded side of the 1/2 inch barb. Sounds like it will be easy enough then. Thanks.

An adpater would not work becasue it wouldn't be a true 1/2 inch system.

Here is a pic of my core
http://damann.ods.org/pages/puter6_JPG.htm

GWN said:
I have a dtek heater core that I ordered with 3/8 barbs a long time ago ( bad mistake) I now want to go to 1/2 barbs becasue I am changing my system to 1/2 all the way around. Is it just a matter of getting the old barbs out and putting in 1/2 inch ones or will the actual holes in the core where the barbs go in need to be drilled out larger? I really don't want to buy a new core just to get 1/2 barbs on it.
Any ideas?

The end of the 3/8 and 1/2 barb should be the same so you should be all set.

Back