• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7's temp monitoring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

How accurate is the nf7 REV2.0 at giving accurate temps. obveously the reader is under the socket so it's not the actual on die temp. But compared to other boards.

My 1.4 tbird is at 1.6 right now, at 42.5 load. Not bad...

Your temps might be accurate or the sensor and BIOS are way off. There's no way of knowing for sure without using a calibrated instrument of some kind.

Last edited:
I don't know about the CPU readings, but the case temps are way off. It says 12C, but I'm sure the room temp is around 18-20C at least.

When you guys install the cpu on the NF7s, did you bent the probe up past the socket and install the cpu, pust down and lock it, so the probe is actually touching the back, reason why I am asking is because my idle and load temp are higher than most of the post I read here and amdmb forum.

CBR900RR said:
When you guys install the cpu on the NF7s, did you bent the probe up past the socket and install the cpu, pust down and lock it, so the probe is actually touching the back, reason why I am asking is because my idle and load temp are higher than most of the post I read here and amdmb forum.

Even added a little dab of ASII on it too.

madcow235 said:
i put a glob of Ceramique on it along with bending it up and im getting insanely high temps which i know are waaayy off

I thinks my temp is off too, temp was ok before I upgrade from KG7 and xp1600, now at 210X11 1.8 vcore, I am getting 45 idle, 52 load.:mad:

I thinks bios are mess up:mad:

Well, I think one of the latest bios updates (at least for the NF7-S 2.0) or one of them...has some more accurate temperature readings. Im just gonna end up nabbing a thermal probe from soemwhere (I think bestbyte has some for 7 bux...good ones too). and then put that ont he front of my case (mod it into a 3 1/2" case plate)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Back