• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chiller/Tank setup on my FD Torrent my first water cooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killer01ws6

Registered
Hey Gang,
A project I have been working on for a while.
It was a learning experience for sure, I bought more items than I needed, some that I could not use.
I have quick disconnects at the back of the case as well as at the CPU cooler. 1/2x3/4 tubing
CPU cooler is Super Computer Direct Die 13th Gen version.
EK Kinetic tube reservoir and D5 pump combo

Chiller is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087DVKYF...t-supplies&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw
I got it off of Ebay for half of that price new, works great.
My tank https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B1JS66QR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the chiller about 10 feet away from my PC under my work desk so the heat off of it does not get pulled into my PC.
The chiller is set for a 4* variance, the temps in my loop per my flow meter are between 18.1-19.8C per my temp sensor in my D5 pump it is 1C cooler than that.
So my water gets to 19.8C and the chiller turns on and at 18.1 it turns off.. it runs 10M per hour if PC is off, 2 10min cycles per hour if I am on the web, youtube etc and will go 3 cycles when gaming.
I have Koolance QD4s on the through ports of the PC to the tank, with a quick connect loop made so I can run the PC off the tank for testing items or such.
I have QD3s on the CPU cooler.

Computer Personal computer Computer hardware Gas Gadget

Blue Automotive lighting Light Purple Fluid

I am still playing with my OC with this setup but here is what I am kind of settling on for now, this is running Cinebench R23 at the 10M mark
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Pattern

When gaming:
HWiNFO64_I7yAhV0qA9.png

Last edited:
I like how the photo through the plexie makes it look like the whole case is filled with water.

I also really like the inclusion of a whole tank of water off to the side. Gives the heated water more time to cool in addition to keeping temps more steady. More water volume means it needs more energy to raise or lower the temps. While the temps will go up and down, it will be flatter curves. I really like it.

I like how the photo through the plexie makes it look like the whole case is filled with water.

I also really like the inclusion of a whole tank of water off to the side. Gives the heated water more time to cool in addition to keeping temps more steady. More water volume means it needs more energy to raise or lower the temps. While the temps will go up and down, it will be flatter curves. I really like it.
Thank you, I have been very pleased with the results of this setup.. it is not as compact as folks with the expensive chillers with the pump and tank inside them, but I also paid a fraction of their total cost.
I agree my blue RGB along with the light blue mayhems XT nuke mixed with my distilled water, it is a lot of blue but I like the affect.
I also noticed if I put a small light behind the tank I get a nice blue hue to it also ha.

Back