• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question about PS2 keyboard...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FNSmyC

Registered
Quick question about PS2 keyboard jumper...

Hey guys. I just finished putting together my computer and on POST it isn't detecting my keyboard. Now I've been trying to figure out why this is happening, and I might have found the answer.

I was looking through the Abit IS7 manual and found a section on Wake-Up Header. It caught my attention because the jumper is titled "PS2-PWR1" . Now it says the default position is on pins 1 and 2. However, I have NO jumper there at all. It's just absent. However I do have one on my USB-PWR1, and USB-PWR2, etc. So this seems to be the only jumper missing. I would try putting a jumper on it, but the motherboard didn't come with any extras, and I don't wanna pull one out for something else and have that not work. Anybody know if this could be causing my keyboard to not work?

Last edited:
I had the same problem, I cleared the CMOS and changed the PS2-PWR1 header to the opposite of what its default is, and all was fine. I switched back the jumper straight after that and all was still fine, so it looks like all you need to do is clear the CMOS. Lots of other IS7 users have had the same problem.
Try is and let us know.

Back