• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which board more likely to reach 400mhz FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greek Mofo

Registered
the asus A7N8X Deluxe or Abit NF7-S? Im a newb at overclocking and am going to build a new system this month and want to know which one u guys recommend. Thanks!

the comp in my sig is the one comp i am gettin right now but someone recommended the Abit instead.

The NF7-S is the best nForce2 board for OCing. With your setup, I'd say you'll definitely be able to get 200 FSB with the NF7-S, but you might have trouble with the A7N8X Deluxe.

get the abit nf7/nf7-s rev. 2 from excaliberpc.com. i just got myself one and it ran 200 fsb w/ default voltages. the asus mobo seem to have problems as it reaches around 200 cuz my friend got a a7n8x deluxe and we had to give it more vcore voltage to get 200fsb stable. sooo.... abit nf7 rev.2 is the way to go.

Both the NF7-S and the A7N8X Deluxe will be pretty much assured of hitting 200 FSB as long as you buy the v2.0 versions of each. In terms of which is better, I chose the Abit, as it seems to be able to hit higher FSBs overall, but both are quality boards, the Asus is more expensive however.

I know i am off topic, but my Biostar m7vit pro went to 199 (highest setting in bios) with my 2500. 2.2ghz barton core, had only 1 stick of mem tho.

Both should hit 200FSB if they are both the rev 2.0...but the NF7-S will be the better performer of the two...especially when OCing...

Back