• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I apply Thermal paste on NB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OcLinNoob

Do I? I'm about to go get some artic rite now, just wondering if u have to or will it helpf i apply some thermal paste on the nb/ I also will be using a tt tiger 1 on the nb. LMK thanks

When ever you place a heatsink on any surface, you're best off having a thermal interface material between the surface and the HS. This is because the two pieces of metal will have small ridges and imperfections. ASIII or other pastes fill these in, and help transfer heat alot better.

-Jeff

Yes, Thermal grease allows heat to transfer better by filling in micro sized divits in a chip.
thus giving a perfect surface for heat to transfer, any time you are applying a HS to a chip use thermal compound.
and if you want even better lap your HS and chip, but when doing the chip be very, very careful. if worried about ruining your chip at least to the HS so it has a better surface for the compound to seal.
-L_P

alrite kewl. hey you own a glock19? I own a glock18c, but its airsoft though not a real gun. Later

hey so your saying its better to apply to grease o the hs and not to the chip because it mite ruine the chip?

Back