• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V333-X VS. Gigabyte GA-7VRXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreme404

Hey guys, I have those two boards at the moment. I am not sure which one I should choose to use. The gigabyte scored really well for being so fast and www.tomshardware.com but then again Asus is well known for being a great quality product. So if anyone has an suggestions or anything as to which I should pick to use that would be great. I do alot of gaming if makes a difference at all. I use a Geforce4 Ti4200 with cpu XP2100. Also 512mb corsair xms.

Thanks again!

I obviously would say keep the Asus mobo. It's one of the most stable KT333 mobos ever made.

As you can see in my sig, I also have a XP2100 and GF4 ti4200 vid card. I have no pressing need to replace my mobo at the moment. It runs great.

holy cow maxima88 AWSOME OVERCLOCK! with that ram could you get maybe 200fsb?

treepop said:
holy cow maxima88 AWSOME OVERCLOCK! with that ram could you get maybe 200fsb?

Thanks Treepop, I can get past 200fsb with my 256mb stick of Mushkin PC3000 ram but that was with my previous cpu, a XP1600 AGOIA. Somehow, the tbreds and kt333 mobos aren't fully compatible when it comes to running at higher FSB speeds.

I've tried with my xp2100 tbred but I get HD corruption past 189FSB.

Last edited:
Back