• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X and 2 sticks of RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DogfooD

Registered
I'm using 2 sticks of PC3200 in my Asus A7N8X in Dual mode, and I can't seem to keep the machine stable over 180 FSB. Before, running them in Single channel mode, I could get 195FSB easily. Is this standard proceedure? It won't clock as high in dual mode?

have you tested both sticks individually to make sure both stick OC the same...and at the same timings?

you might not be able to ...

try one stick see how far you can go ....ie lower multi to say 8 - 9 then raise the fsb ........then put the other stick in do the same

yip you should get higher tho but !!!

write everything down!

in dual you will not get higher fsb .....the higher the memory the slower ........on very rare ocations maybe:)

spiritedandy said:
in dual you will not get higher fsb .....the higher the memory the slower

What do you mean...I can OC just as high in DC as single with a rev 1.04...and how do you figure the higher the memory the slower?

as i said.....................

every board is different .......

but test it in single channel first!!!! rule things out !:)

glock19owner then you are lucky :D

Its not a rev. 2.00 is it? because dual channel should work flawlessly at 200fsb then.

spiritedandy said:
as i said.....................

every board is different .......

but test it in single channel first!!!! rule things out !:)

glock19owner then you are lucky :D

Thats pretty much what I was saying about testing each stick individually ;)...you just put it more in plain english....

but I guess I have been lucky with all of my NF2 boards then ;)...Just not lucky with the VDD mod :bang head

every stick of memory has a different top-spot so the best thing is to test each one seperate first and see how high you can get, then I would go with 2 sticks at once, and see if it's about the same, if it's pretty close, then that'll be the RAM limit, although PC3200 should be getting you a LOT closer to Fsb200 then where you are

Back