• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are my chances? 1700 Tbred B @ newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fletch

What are my chances of getting a JIUHB DL3TC at newegg nowadays? If it's not excellent, I'll just go ahead and order from excaliberpc.

I'd strongly advise ordering from excal. The risk of getting a T-Bred A is just too high to justify even the low price. Gameve does have guaranteed JIUHB DUT3C's, though, for $49, but I'd just put the extra dough into a DLT3C; it will be well worthh it.

Yeah I got an A from newegg, however, it was a 0324 tbred A, which means they are still making them. I was able to hit 1.9 with it at 1.75 volts (couldnt up it higher) If you wanna just run at 2ghz with 1.8 or 1.85 volts you might as well use newegg, but those kinda voltages aint so good.

For a dollar less than the DLT3C 1700 at excalibur, I got a guaranteed DUT3C 2100 from newegg. I'll let yall know all the numbers and initial overclocking results. Still, $67 shipped aint bad at all.

WHY!!! GEt the DLT3C from excaliberpc.com...those guys kick@$$ and ship superfast.... Why would you buy anything other than the guaranteed good 1700 from excaliber.PC????

Thats what I bought, a gaurenteed one from Excal. I am running at 2210 right now with hardly any added voltage at all. Have been as high as in the 2400's but need some better memory for a reliable OC at that high.

Gautam, I thought you also argued in other threads that:

If you can spend less $ on the famous Newegg 2100+ guaranteed T-bred B. (Newegg guarantees 2100+, unlike 1700+)

go for that instead of spending more $ on guaranteed 1700+ DLT3C T-Bred B.

Did you change your mind and if so why?

IMHO, a 2100+ AIUHB, the latest ones, not older weeks, and a 1700+ are exactly the same, at least as far as overclocking is concerned. I didn't change my mind on that. But they do cost more or less exactly the same, so either would be as good of an option as the other. Newegg's 2100+ is $72, and Excaliber's 1700+ is $65 with $5 shipping; a whopping $2 less ;). Other than that, there's just about no difference between 2100+'s and 1700+'s. The older weeks of 2100+'s may perform a little worse though, but I don't think you'd come by them any more these days anyways. Even the price difference is trivial at best. To be honest, I didn't really even think about suggesting a 2100+, because it really doesn't seem to matter at all what the processor is rated at at stock. At one point I may have said that the 2100+ will do better on higher forms of cooling, but I'm rethinking this, as I've seen plenty of 1700+'s, including mine, sucking down the high voltages without a hitch. Bottom line: bleh, just go with whatever's cheaper, or whatever vendor you prefer.

Ah, so it is. Well now it's $3 cheaper. Like I said, there won't be any noticeable difference between the two; they'll each most likely reach 2.4ghz-2.5ghz on your SLK800.

Gautam said:
I'd strongly advise ordering from excal. The risk of getting a T-Bred A is just too high to justify even the low price. Gameve does have guaranteed JIUHB DUT3C's, though, for $49, but I'd just put the extra dough into a DLT3C; it will be well worthh it.

yea i got that. .. and they sent me a B instead :eek:

icantgetanyname said:

yea i got that. .. and they sent me a B instead :eek:
I don't quite understand what you mean. A T-Bred B is what one would want anyways. Are you saying that you received a T-Bred B from newegg?

I think the chances of getting a B on newegg are pretty good these days if you want the risk. I was surprised to get a 2000+ B from them.

Not with the 1700+'s they aren't. I don't think that AMD manufactures any more 2000+ T-Bred A's, but they certainly are producing new 1700+ A's. If the 2000+ is still cheaper, might as well go for that, btw.

That might make sense, considering that the 2000+'s go for $60. However, I don't think newegg guarantees 2000+ Bs; there's a chance you might get an older A. AMD might still be producing 2000+ As too. I've never seen anyone except for my cousins get a B.

I thought A's did 2.0 GHz and DUT3C B's did 2.3 GHz with copper heatsink + nForce2's, no?

Yes, that's about right, as long as its a JIUHB, not a JIUCB or anything. Even then 2.1ghz-2.2ghz should be possible. People don't give the original DUT3C's enough credit IMHO. True, they couldn't overclock quite as well as the DLT3C's, but they did run a little cooler and did as good as anyone would ever need anyways.

Back