• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock AMD cooler from an XP on a Tbird?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chowdy

I know the 1400mhz Tbird is the hottest thing around (literally). And i have the stock cooler to a 2400+. My question is, do you think it'd suffice in cooling a 1.4ghz Tbird @ stock?

I would check out the specs of each CPU first, the tbird gives off nearly a whopping 74 watts of heat. So the cooler needs to be able to handle that much. I don't know how what the cooler is rated for the the 2400+ doesn't put out nearly thqat much heat so I be on the safe side and say no it is not good enough.

Here you can see the 2400 puts out about 10 watts less heat:

leistung.gif

okay thx for the info. I'll purchase a cooler rated for such a processor.any recommendations? No OCing will take place on this rig.

Slk-800. The 900 is a PITA to install, but it works wonders. I would get the 800 because it has the clip option, and should be fairly close to the 900.

Back