• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using Zalman-video-cooler with P4P800 Deluxe ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dont see why it would be, but then again where on the mobo is the NB located on a P4P800? it will interfere with the pci slots underneath it but it shouldnt bother anything thats about it in the case

da-gokesta said:
dont see why it would be, but then again where on the mobo is the NB located on a P4P800? it will interfere with the pci slots underneath it but it shouldnt bother anything thats about it in the case

Its where all NB's are on modern motherboards. And it does protrude upward some, so it could (not just interrupting things under it).

the asus board's nb is much closer than mine to the agp so i couldnt give a good answer

Thanks,

I will give it a try, according to the Zalman-site it must fit..I think:)

HvH.

I let you know if it fits, when you are interested of course;)

How about with this mobo (image below)? I'm little worried about the NB sink placement.

PX865PE_Pro.jpg

I have got a email from Zalman.

The ZM80C-HP will fit on a Hercules 9800Pro.

And the height of the heatsink should not been taller than 3/4"
On the P4P800 Deluxe.

How much mm is that ??
Is that Inch he is talking about ??

HvH;)

I have this heatsink. It fits on on my IC7. I havent tested it on the asus p4p800 tho. I can test it later on tho and be able to report back tomorrow. Cant do it now off to work.

The heatsink is actually aluminum (unpolished silver) color btw not black like it looks in that photo. givin the right light conditions I could see why that picture came out the way it did. its really dull colored. This heatsink had that exact same picture btw.

I'm pretty positive in saying that the Albatron board that Jesba posted won't be able to have the clearance the Zalman GPU heatpipe needs (And BTW: I love that board.. its a really solid product).

Ffats said:
I'm pretty positive in saying that the Albatron board that Jesba posted won't be able to have the clearance the Zalman GPU heatpipe needs (And BTW: I love that board.. its a really solid product).

Too bad it won't fit, I would've liked that Zalman cooler. Still there is possibility of removing the NB cooler and turning it so it's "straight", not turned a little.

And yeah, this is one great board, I love it :D

I tested this real quick when I got home and this heatsink fits in the asus p4p800 deluxe with no problems. It does not touch the northbridge heatsink.

Best regards

Freezermug said:
I tested this real quick when I got home and this heatsink fits in the asus p4p800 deluxe with no problems. It does not touch the northbridge heatsink.

Best regards

Great to hear this........thanks for testing this:thup: :thup:

I am getting it this week....looking forward to it;)

Thanks again.

HvH;)

Back