• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7000A with ABit KG7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkCube

I was thinking about purchasing a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu heatsink but their site says that it may be uncompatable if there is a row of capacitors 15mm high right under the clip, which i believe my board has, and also might hit the powersupply on some boards. I was wondering if anyone has this working on a KG7 board with no problems or how they made it fit. The product site says "If interference occurs, the excess portion of the clip that interferes can be cut off to make it compatible." and if anyone has done this can they explain how they did it. Thank you

KG7 = socket A which means that the CNPS7000 can not be mounted on this motherboard.

I believe it is compatible with Pentium 4 and Athlon64 (!?) only. Try the new Thermalright SLK900A and a Panaflo 92mm fan for quiet and effective cooling.

lyle said:
New, cool, why didn't they just make it compatible with all formats to begin with?

They probably realized that AMDs are stupid!
Heh, I'm sorry, had to. Thats a good question though, as it doesn't seem to be that difficult to include those mounting adapters.

Back