• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Admin Log On WindowsXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Ok I have 2 problems both stemming from the log on screen. First off I want to disable it so that it doesnt appear everytime I start my computer especially since I am the only account and I am the administrator. Secondly the same screen appears every time my screen saver kicks on. Please tell me how to stop this.

You can disable it from showing when you wake it up by unselectying the On resume disaplay windows welcome screen in your screensaver control panel. The other one i have no idea since i have 3 users on this system.

Go into Control Panel/Network/ and in the drop down menu select "Windows Logon." It will tell you to restart your PC. Once it reboots, it should go directly to your desktop.

Xtc4u said:
You can disable it from showing when you wake it up by unselectying the On resume disaplay windows welcome screen in your screensaver control panel.

Duh can't believe I missed that one.

Go into Control Panel/Network/ and in the drop down menu select "Windows Logon." It will tell you to restart your PC. Once it reboots, it should go directly to your desktop.

All that I see is Network Connections in the control panel.

go to control panel>user accounts> and where it says user click the user remove their password and make sure all other accoutns are turned off such as guest and make sure welcome screen is enabled i believe it has to be let me know if that works.

Ok I have 2 problems both stemming from the log on screen. First off I want to disable it so that it doesnt appear everytime I start my computer especially since I am the only account and I am the administrator. Secondly the same screen appears every time my screen saver kicks on. Please tell me how to stop this.
Start | Run | Type control userpasswords2 and hit OK | In the dialog box that appears, clear the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" check box, and then click OK. :)

Back