• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crackling sound on NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BabyEater

I have an NF7-s and i am experiencing crakling sound when playing songs on winamp.
I have me doard overclocked to 220fsb at 1.7v.
Would the overclock be causing my southbridge to overheat and make the crackle noise.

BabyEater said:
I have an NF7-s and i am experiencing crakling sound when playing songs on winamp.
I have me doard overclocked to 220fsb at 1.7v.
Would the overclock be causing my southbridge to overheat and make the crackle noise.

Umm not sure it's "Heat" alone on this issue, but some seem to think it is related. I personally think it is not because I noticed this problem with my SoundStorm as well "After" I updated to the latest & Greatest :rolleyes: Nvidia APU drivers (version-> 6.14.0348.0) from Microsnot AutoUpdate web page.... I have a very nice heat sink + Fan on my SB & NB chipsets, so I doubt that this is heat related. Anyway, what I did to remedy this particular annoyance for myself was to un-install the Nvidia Drivers, then re-installed them and it went away :D

Hope that helps a bit...

Best of luck!

DpGravy

The crackle when away as soon as I put a HS on my SB. So I think there is a direct relationship to the crackle and heat.

I stuck a heatsink from my KR7A's northbidge to it and it seems to have stopped nearly all the crackling.
I think i heard it crackle during one of Orbits songs. Will keep listening to it too see if the crackle is all gone.
Thanks for the help.

heres what you do...UPDATE TO THE 2.03 drivers now! it got rid of my crackling. and if it doesnt help, add a heatsink or a fan blowing onto it.

just the driver update got rid of mine suprignly :)

It was still crackling after putting on the heatsink and fan.
I have just installed the 2.03 drivers i was running the 2.45 drivers .
Hopefully this helps.

If the 2.03 drivers don't help, and the hs didn't help, try using Windows Update (I know, I know! But I broke down and checked to see if Microsoft's infinite wisdom...huh yeah right...could help and they have an updated driver for the nForce2 audio).

That's what I had to do, just make sure you don't install all those stupid CRITICAL updates and only pick the nForce audio driver from the driver updates page.

Good luck!

Back