• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How accurately does the A7V333 display temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

I'm curious to know... how accurately do the A7V333's display CPU temps? I'm at 46C idle right now and I'm unsure of whether or not that is accurate. If I remember right, ASUS had this history of displaying the CPU temps around 10C higher than they actually were. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. :p

What proggy are you using that reads 46c?

I always use MBM5 and the h/w monitor in the bios.
MBM5 can give you readings for on-die and in-socket.
The on-die temp will be around 10c higher than the in-socket temp.

I'm using SiSoft Sandra and I'm also looking at the BIOS and they both display the same temps.

The_Ryz_Factor said:
I'm curious to know... how accurately do the A7V333's display CPU temps? I'm at 46C idle right now and I'm unsure of whether or not that is accurate. If I remember right, ASUS had this history of displaying the CPU temps around 10C higher than they actually were. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. :p
I notice a 8 to 10°C difference between the socket thermistor and the CPU diode at idle (unfortunately the socket temp being the higher value). I suppose Asus modified the socket temp readout trying to compensate for the greater distance from the CPU core.
At load the temps tend to be the same within a few degrees.

CD :)

I am showing a 20 - 30 degree difference between the bios tems and the MBM5 temps. I read that the bios is chip temp and the probe is socket(?) temp, but why the huge diff in my machine? Have I done something horribly wrong?

I have a Barton 2500 running at 200X10 and bios temps show around 60 degrees C.

Forgot to say, I have a Volcano 11+ on the chip.

Last edited:
Voobwig said:
I am showing a 20 - 30 degree difference between the bios tems and the MBM5 temps. I read that the bios is chip temp and the probe is socket(?) temp, but why the huge diff in my machine? Have I done something horribly wrong?

I have a Barton 2500 running at 200X10 and bios temps show around 60 degrees C.

Forgot to say, I have a Volcano 11+ on the chip.
MBM, if properly configured, shows both temps.
Probe? Are you speaking about ASUS Probe? Because that prog just SUCKS!
Use MBM, configure it properly (not always easy), and forget about the socket temp...( my diode temp is betwen 31 and 38°C with WC).

CD :)

So having a core temp showing in the bios of 60+ degrees C is way out of line then? Is that a dangerous temp to be at?

Back