• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best NF7-S 2.0 BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

Hi all,

I'm getting Mushkin PC3500 Black Level 2 tomorrow or Tuesday!!! Wuhoo!!! On a relevant note, I haven't updated my BIOS yet at all, and it's working good, I think 223 is my max FSB (not modding my board). What BIOS should I be using for best performance/features/least problems? I realize the latest isn't always the best =). Give me your thoughts!!!

You did'nt mention what processor you have, but generally the rev 2 should reach higher fsb's with a processor that defaults to 166fsb. I currently have the 1.7bios installed, but had better results with 1.4. I'm going to try 1.8 next as results seem to vary setup by setup. Alot of people have gotten highest fsb's with 1.0 but it's not an option for me. (I have hyperX ram)

I have a 2600+ with 166FSB. I just want to know what advantages/disadvantages and success/horror stories people have had with different BIOS versions. Thanks for the reply.

try the most recent...bios 18 that is. I think pre 14 or somthing had corruption problems on the sata. I'v always kept things up to date. I actually noticed getting slightly higher fsb with 18 than with 16. But it could actually be caused by many things other than the bios.

i dont have sata so im still using stock bios on my rev 2. the only problems i have are when i go to health monitor in the bios and it freezes...but i dont go in there too often, so i left it alone....i will probably leave it for now. even though the newer bios fix's that above problem :)

Bios rev 10 has definatly gotten me the highest fsb (just switching from 18 to 10 got me around 14 fsb increase). It is also a buggy bios rev so it may not work for everyone.

I havent tried the older Bios I have stock 1.8 that came with my MB, I do 230X10.5 with a pair of Corsair that is rated at 200 so I consider this bios solid, so far, or maybe its my setup

Are you sure it worked? Your not supposed to be able to flash to 10 or 11 from a higher bios.. i have tried a few times and it never works.. it acts like it does kinda but then if you check the post you will see it didnt actually change bioses.

Back