• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Billnov

Registered
Hello all,

I just spent the last 7 hours trying to get my son's BL7 to work after flashing to the latest bios and installing a new 2.4 A (400) processor. Ive tried going back to an old bios, going back to the old processor (1.5) and then going back again to the latest bios BP. The problem is that most times it doesnt boot into windows, just sit's at blue screen...and when it does, it keeps freezing when i try to play games or show videos. I can surf the internet fine but thats about it. I go into device mgr. and everthing checks out ok. I had no problems running the old configuration, but my son wanted to upgrade to a new processor which required the new bios. I have a geforce 3, soundblaster 5.1, 768 of memory, and am running windows ME. I have updated bios before, and made sure to clear the cmos before starting after installing new bios. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Bill

Last edited:
well..I'm not familoar with the BL7 but...not sure if I understand what you're doing?

you seemed to have go back and forth between new and old BIOS...question is...

wouldn't the newer BIOS of this MB be backward compatible with the older chips? it should.

so maybe if we can keep in simple then we can find out what's going on. load the latest BIOS of this MB and clear cmos and see if it would run at default settings.....then we'll go from there

give us some facts...list it sequentially so it can be easier for us to understand

Back