• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help, Asus B550 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haven't reflashed but I swapped the video card for some chepo I had, and I think error is gone. Still testing

Well that worked and I put back the new video card. That worked too. No error so far. I think it has to do with that CSM thing the video card forces on BIOS. Others say CSM disabled fixes the problem. Idk at this point

doesnt that board have bios flashback? I would try to reflash the bios.

After messing around trial and error seems like there is an incompatibility between GPU and UEFI bios so CSM has to be enabled. When it is disabled, boot error with beeps happens. The board has latest BIOS and the video card has no never VBIOS. Weird that Windows shows no problem with TPM and Secure boot as they are both enabled with CSM Enabled in bios.

That's good news that you have the rig booting up and running normal again. May I suggest you replace the board with a different branded one. I, personally, don't think Asus is all that and their tech support is horrible. I stopped using Asus boards since the s775 days.

In any event, good luck with the system.

Damn it was just the HDMI Cable forcing CSM to be Enabled to boot into legacy Bios. Swapped it out and did a couple of restarts and everything is good. Bios is full screen, no CSM enabled and show full screen meaning full GPU support. 🤬

Back