• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ DLT3C or 2100+ DUT3C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I have good watercooling, and would be willing to overvolt about 25%-30% of stock voltage.

I am thinking about the expensive 1700+ from excaliberpc.com ($78) or the 2100+ from newegg ($70). W/ my cooling and what I'm willing to do w/ the voltage, which should I get? I would love to hit 2.5ghz or above... but basically I just want the one that will go higher. Of course you can't guarantee me which one will go higher, but you have a better idea about it than I do. What do you think?

The 2100+'s will be able to scale better with higher voltages. Whether or not it will ultimately outdo a 1700+ is arguable. Both should do essentially identically, but the 2100+ is a better choice IMHO.

Or I suppose there's the 2500+ barton, but I dunno where a good place to get one is, or if it's any better a choice.

Try to get a guaranteed "B" core. The voltage designation "L" or "U" does not identify the core version in any way. Some recent 0319 and 0324 production 1700+ T-bred "A" cores have been seen in the wild. Also, not every vendor has sold out of the old "A" revision 2100's either.

STEPPING codes for T-bred "B"... JIUCB, JIUGB, JIUHB, JIXHB, AIUAB, AIUCB, AIUGB, AIUHB (note the fifth letter "B").

STEPPING codes for T-bred "A"... AIRCA, AIRDA, AIRGA, RIRGA, RIWGA, RIUGA, AIUGA, AJUGA (note the fifth letter "A").

OPN code for an organic pin grid array packaged, 1.5 volt, 85C max temp, 256K cache, 266MHz fsb Athlon XP Thoroughbred... DLT3C ("A" or "B" revision).

OPN code for an organic pin grid array packaged, 1.60 volt, 85C max temp, 256K cache, 266MHz fsb Athlon XP Thoroughbred... DUT3C ("A" or "B" revision).

Yes, I mentioned it would be the expensive guaranteed one from excaliberPC, and the 2100+ from newegg is guaranteed to at least be a revision B core.

Yes, I mentioned it would be the expensive guaranteed one from excaliberPC, and the 2100+ from newegg is guaranteed to at least be a revision B core.

i would get the cheapest, guarenteed revision "b" one i could get that has the fastest stock speed...

the "b" revision is the most important factor for good overclocking

the fastest stock speed suggests that AMD thinks it's a better chip...because it was binned higher

and the less money the better

I replaced my AQXEA XP2500+ with an XP1700+ DLT3C ($70 shipped from excaliber).

Best stable overclock I could get with my 2500+ was 215 X 10.5 or 210 X 11 in sig system.

The 1700+ DLT3C has run stably at 226 X 11 in sig system, although a bit hot. I run it cool and stable at 222 X 11 with 2/2/2/7 timings.

DLT3C is definitely a value processor.

I replaced my AQXEA XP2500+ with an XP1700+ DLT3C ($70 shipped from excaliber).

Best stable overclock I could get with my 2500+ was 215 X 10.5 or 210 X 11 in sig system.

The 1700+ DLT3C has run stably at 226 X 11 in sig system, although a bit hot. I run it cool and stable at 222 X 11 with 2/2/2/7 timings.

DLT3C is definitely a value processor.

the Barton's are know to not overclock as well as the thoroughbred's....although they are not that much worse...

besides the extra cache i am not aware of any other differences that would lower the max overclock...

I had a 2100 JIUHB from Excaliber and the chip would max out at 2.3GHZ with heavily modified 8RDA+ (All mods and watercooled). It would need at least 2..00V to operate at these speeds, very hot. That chip died in less than 6 mths. I dont know why it died maybe just bad luck or high voltages. Two weeks ago I ordered the chip in my sig from the excellent excaliberpc.com website. This chip has gone close to 2.60GHZ with less than 2.0V. I am burning it in and I am happy.

If both are the same price, i go for 1700.. The xp 1700 run with low voltage which you more proteinal o/c more.. I can run my xp 2.4ghz at 1.725voltage while i have my 2100 doing 2.4ghz at 1.85 need. With 1.85 votlge i can up to 2.5ghz easily.

Back