• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good cheap (small) fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fallen Phoenix

I'm planning on going water cooling as soon as I finish with my current plans which include:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo
Radeon 9800np
Fortron 400W PSU (ordered)

After I get that stuff in I'll get a water system running for the GPU and CPU but until then I'm stuck with air. For reason's unknown to me... Raidmax put a tiny 55mm (I think) fan on the back to exhaust hot air.

I'm looking for a fan to put back there, I don't want to mod the case just a high CFM 55mm fan, to help with temps until I can get my watercooling setup in.

it could be 60mm, I just looked at it and thought 55mm sounded right. The one on there couldn't move a feather and came off an old K6-2 heatsink.

Socket7 fans are 50mm and all of the ones I've owned (which is about 10) move between 8-11cfm. I doubt seriously you'll find anything with more kick than that.

Well maybe I'll end up going water cooling a little quicker in that case (pun inteaded). The big plan is to use this system as a folding/spare rig and get a nice case, maybe a little larger too, for a new Barton 2500+ rig. I've got to iron out a few more ideas for a trick water system before I can actually start building it though.

I want to use an entire mini-ATX case for the pump and radiators, having 4x120mm fans pulling air through grills in one side of the case and 4 more pulling the heated air out of the case through the other side. The only problem is finding fittings for the tubing that can be attatched and reattached without draining the system. I'm thinking about using black braided stainless steel lines with -AN fittings instead of silicon tube but it's more expensive and I don't even know if there are the right fittings available.

Back