• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7n8x Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper.nkc

My MB won't boot. I put in a brand new WD 120mb HD, Brand new ATI Radeon 9600 Pro and brand new 2 sticks of 256mb PC 3200 memory at slots 2 and 3. I get grren light on mb for power and no red light for agp card. MB CPU fans spins,agp card fan spins, no beeps, just a blank screen. Waited for 30 secs and still nothing on screen. I tried resitting agp card and memory modules. Any sugeestions?

I have Enermax whiper 350w PS
Lian Li PC 60 Case
NEC 17in LCD Monitor.

I did nothing the power switch on case will not shut down system. Also my HD idle light stays on. I know its no formatted but I was hoping to get into bios first before loading os.

Leave the memory (try one stick at a time) cpu/fan and the powersupply connected only. See if it powers up. It should if its working. Next add graphics card if it is powering up.Next add drives...then pci cards.

I am able to post when I reposition memory sticks to slot 1/2, but will not post when I use slot 3. I also noticed in boot-up that my CPU frequency has changed and to enter Bios to correct error. Is this causing inop for slot 3? I am gonna go in and correct error in bios for CPU. I have XP2500 Barton CPU. Thanks for suggestion to reposition memory slots. It seems to be picky.

Well as far as the bios goes if its not saving settings could be the motherboard battery. I had a problem with my memory on a via chipset on my MSI but doing a bios flash cured the issue. I would check the Asus site for any updates.

Ps. flashing should go fine if your stable but it sure makes me nervous when ever i do that. So far only one dead board out of very many. Goodluck

Last edited:
I am able to post fine. I can not occupy slot 3. I have changed CPU FSB to 166 and multiplier is at 11.0 I have 256 MB PC3200 CL 3. Any other suggestions. I think my ram is good because bios shows 512 MB when it is in slot 1 and 2. Slot 3 is the problem for me. Any suggestions?

Slots 2 and 3 huh? So there is no stick in slot 1, the PRIMARY slot on a nForce board??? Dont quote me on it. but i believe the board wont boot at all if there is no stick in the 1st slot...

To get dual channel, your memory sticks need to be in slots 1 and 3, or 2 and 3, or 1 and 2 and 3. slot 3 is the key to get dual channels on nF2. Any suggestions why slot 3 will not post. Slot 1 and 2 are fine.

Sorry i did not know that, heh maybe i should start reading ALL of my manuals again :)

Other than that i have no clue why the comp wont post, are both sticks good and have been tested on a ram machine?

I figured it out. In Advance Bios Setting, Change Memory Setting from SPD to Auto. I did this and not my computer boots fine in slot 1 and 3. I am surprised no none gave me the answer on that. I had to call the local computer store where I bought the parts and he gave the solution. I will be curious to see if Asus support gives me the correct answer. Thanks to all who helped me.

I was wondering are you over clocked and SPD is not in any of my bios option. What bios are you running?

My settings:BIOS 1004UBER
CPU External Freq: 215
CPU Frequency Multiple Setting: Menu
CPU frequency Multiple: 11.0
System Performance : User Defined
CPU Interface: Aggresive
Memory Frequency: 100%
Memory Timings: User Defined
: 6
: 2
: 2
: 2T
CPU Vcore: Menu
CPU Vcore: 1.5
Graphics Aperture size: 128
AGP: 68Mhz
System BIOS Cacheable: Disabled
Video Ram Cacheable: Disabled
DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7
AGP VDDR Voltage: 1.6
CHIP Voltage Control: 1.9 ( this does not work ?)
Agp 8x Support: Enabled
Agp Fast Write Capability: Disabled

My Ram is Corsair PC3500 512 megs

My MB rev is 2.0. Bios rev is 1005. Hopes this helps. I am not planning to update the bios since I am not having any problems. If you need more infor, let me know.

Back