• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI X570 Tomahawk WiFi dying out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
I've been on this board for over a year with no issues at all. But then I started getting game crashings. So piece by miserable piece I've been replacing parts on my rig to find the cause. I'm down to 2 parts: the board and the vid card.

Yesterday I tried booting up the rig as normal and nothing came on the screen. Yeah first thought was the vid card, so I do a reboot and still nothing on the screen. I try a cold boot and get into the bios, and the bios is all screwy like Romulan writing. So I just shut it down and take the battery out and waited about 30min. Plop battery back in and fire up rig. Boot and the rig just hangs. I had to reboot several times to get it into winders.

I was considering replacing the board anyways, but I figured I had more time. I'll just get a new one and send this one in for RMA. Last is the vid card.

Be sure to get an X570S model if you replace with another X570 chipset. The chipset fan on my Gigabyte X570 is dying a slow death & has been bugging me with the noise lately.

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I told you I'd send you a damn board to borrow and test with...!

Hopefully this fixes it for you. My fingers are still crossed (since you thought it was the PSU 3 threads and 6 months ago, lol).

Somesing weelly wong mistuh moss. Found a new bios up so decided to update. Booted to flash, reaches 50% and then stops. So I waited like 10 minutes still stuck at 50%. I take a chance and hit reset (yeah I know already), and the board boots up normal and right into the new bios. :shrug:

I re-input all my settings and I'm back up as normal. I've been testing just about all my games. With the exception of the problematic ones, all my other games run fine.

*Update*

Last 2 remaining parts are the board and gpu. Got an MSI X570S coming to swap out. The S and non S are identical with the exception of the chipset cooler. The bios layout is slightly different as well. I'm hoping my game crashing will stop after this. If not, then it's the gpu's turn.

Was looking for another one of my boards, but these are freaking more expensive than the non S version, go figure :shrug:

And no input from YOU Scotty! :p

:rofl:

*Update # 2*

Ok, so I swapped boards. First thing I noticed was this sucker booted quicker than before even while loading raid. Tested TC Wildlands and of course it crashed. So verified files yet again for the unknowneth time and restarted the game. Whaddaya know, it ran past the crash point and it ran fine for about an hour until I stopped it. That was the longest uninterrupted game play time since I can't remember. Not gonna put all my eggs in that basket just yet. I still have 5-6 other games I have to test (and pray) they play normally.

I'll be happy if I can play at least half of that games list. Anything past that will be a bonus.

For testing the games, I'm running stock speeds so's to eliminate any probability it's the overclock. Will report back.

Scotty, ya knows I luvs ya :beer:

*Update # 3*

Ok, here's the skinny:

Steam Games:

All COD games run perfect
All Sniper Elite games run perfect
All Sniper Ghost Warrior games run perfect
All Metro games run perfect
Benchmarks run fine
TC Wildlands & Breakpoint run perfect
Generation Zero runs perfect

FarCry 4 runs perfect
FarCry 5 runs perfect but addon map Hours Of Darkness continues to crash
FarCry 6 continues to crash

I haven't tested Ubisoft games (aside from Wildlands & Breakpoint), Epic games or GOG games yet.

Last remaining part is the 3080 to swap out. I'm hoping I don't have to.

That was short lived. All FarCry games started the BS again. All other games run fine. :rain:

Sending video card in for RMA. Now I'll go cry in my soup :cry:

I hope that does it...

...need a GPU to hold you over? I can send you a twinzie 3080....

....or, need a known good GPU to test with... happy to send it over for that too....... it's literally just sitting here collecting dust.

I hope that does it...

....or, need a known good GPU to test with... happy to send it over for that too....... it's literally just sitting here collecting dust.
[possessed\channeling=Don256us]Why is that card not running Folding@Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/possessed\channeling] :)

I hope that does it...

Thanx Joe, appreciate it! Stereo55 offered his 3080 also, lemme see if he can find it, lol. If not I'll hit you up!
[possessed\channeling=Don256us]Why is that card not running Folding@Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/possessed\channeling] :)
:rofl:

*Update on mobo*

Swapping over to the S version, I am quite impressed with it. A few tweaks over the non S is pretty much it. I did notice that the weight of this board is heavier that it's counter part, which I found odd.

As a bonus I did find a great review quite helpful :thup:

Back