• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mrcountry

Registered
I have a Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 motherboard with AMD Fx 8350 With Kingston F3-1866C9Q-32GXM.a few days ago the computer would not start with the start button I can get the computer started by pushing the MEMOK button on the board which gets me into the bios, the only way I can get it to boot into windows, is to select boot, and the boot drive for the operating system. I have checked the CMOS battery, which is fine I have change the memory settings. I purchased another sabertooth 990 FX motherboard and I’m having the same issues. can anyone please help me diagnose the problem and port me in the correct direction

Last edited:
I know that Kingston memory kits were not that user friendly with the ASUS Crosshair V Formula and 9370FX.

If you have another memory kit available , id try it.

I don’t have any other memory. This is the memory that I have used for the last couple years or so and it has been working great. Like I said, I’ve changed out the motherboard with the identical model that doesn’t work. I actually have to press the memok button to get into bios, then I have to select the boot drive and it boots to windows and runs without issues. It will restart and go back in to windows without issues. When I shut the computer down and hit the power button the Cup led and memok lights up and the computer shuts down. like I said, the only way I can get them to windows is by the memok button

Last edited:
I have change the memory timings to CPUZ was showing me, but I have not adjusted the voltage as I wasn’t sure about messing with that. Do you have any suggestions on timings and voltage settings or maybe possibly port me in a direction that I can try to figure it out? I would appreciate any help as I really need my computer. I rely on my computer for work.

I have change the memory timings to CPUZ was showing me, but I have not adjusted the voltage as I wasn’t sure about messing with that. Do you have any suggestions on timings and voltage settings or maybe possibly port me in a direction that I can try to figure it out? I would appreciate any help as I really need my computer. I rely on my computer for work.
Post a screenshot with multiple CPUZs open. Show us the CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Here’s a few snippets. Any help would be most appreciated. Like I said, once I get into windows, everything runs fine. I can restart over and over from windows and have no issues but just as soon as I shut it off that’s when the problems began if I try to start by hitting the power button the memok and cpu leds blink and it shuts down. If I hit the memok button I can get in bios, then I can click boot option, and it goes in the windows. I am just at a loss and I really need help. As I said, I changed out the motherboard and I get the same issues. I have taken the processor out, cleaned it, checked for bed pins, applied new thermal, grease and reseated the cpu. I have taken out the memory, tried various sticks from single stick, two sticks and back to four and I’ll give me the same issue regardless, please and thank you for any help.

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG

Last edited:
I see the CPU offset voltage 1.404 V and the CPU VDDA voltage at 2.520 V I’m really trying but I do not see the voltage at 3.6 unless it’s combining the two voltages to get the total voltage of 3.6

I don't have the R2.0, I just have the old Sabertooth kitty :)
Post screen of hwmonitor also how old is your PSU? It might need to be replaced.

I don't have the R2.0, I just have the old Sabertooth kitty :)
Post screen of hwmonitor also how old is your PSU? It might need to be replaced.
The power supply is a few years old it’s the ultra X4 1050. Is there a way for me to troubleshoot it to check the voltages etc. I just hate to keep spending money if I don’t need to as I don’t have it to spare.

I looked at the manual for your MB and the setting for the CPU voltage is the same for my old Sabertooh 990FX, for the CPU & NB Voltage setting change that to Manual Mode then set CPU to what the CPU needs (1.25V-1.3V).

990fxv.jpg

990fxv2.jpg

Everything looks good from what I’m seeing on the voltage. I’m overlooking something or am I in the wrong area. Also, when I put it on manual, it won’t let me reduce voltage it only lets me increase voltage. IMG_3858.jpeg

Try setting the CPU & NB to Manual Mode and manualy setting the CPU voltage to 1.25V and see how that does. I have mine set to 1.25V.

The reson I asked about the PSU, is that when PSU's start to go bad, they cause reboots, lockups, shut downs and not powering up. If your PSU is less than 5 years old then it should be ok.

Back