• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle AN35N Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seems like the few ppl here like them..... I'm going to be installing mine sometime tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hello All, IMHO Beefpops
Pros - Cheap, Fast, Stable, Decent OC options
Cons - No chipset voltage and RAM voltage limited to 2.7V

Comments:
It doesn't support Firewire, SATA or RAID, but as most of us that have bought it don't need/want those options its a none-issue. Its pretty much a hassle-free MoBo, just flash the latest BIOS right off, get some decent RAM and you'll be set to go.
Regards, Balrog

Balrog pretty much summed it up. There have been noted problems with Corsair ram and I have had issues with OCZ ram. However, Crucial, Mushkin, Kingston, and Geil should be fine.

I hope someone figures out a vdd mod for this as it has problems with tight timings over 200fsb.

Hello All, I believe FP1 was referring to the Corsair XMS LL (Low-Latency) sticks which have problems running on many nForce2 boards at their rated specs.
Regards, Balrog

If you read some reviews youll find a couple can't get their Corsair to run at rated speeds. I didn't say there was an issue with all Corsair, just some.

Well to update, installed the board...had it up and running for half an hour when my video card went poof. Somehow in the transfer of all the parts, the fan must have got a knock or something, I can only assume as it had stopped running and I failed to notice it until it was too late..... :(

So now I have to wait till I replace my gfx card to see what this board is like!

One thing I did note on the install, I like the way all the connectors are laid out, makes it easy for wire routing.

ardent

Well, finally got my gfx card back. First impressions, its not as quick as my epox 8RDA, but we'll see after I have had a play around on it.

Did anyone notice a difference in their pings using onboard LAN? Mine seem a little higher in Q3, but we'll see over the long run how that pans out.

Does anyone know what the PWM Temperature is on this board? It doesn't say in the manual (at least I couldn't find it) what this temperature actually is.

Thanks

Here you go Fmah, Courtesy of Exodious AMDMB Forums

What is the "PWM temperature"?

"PWM" is a circuit on mainboards to convert the voltage level from power supply unit to provide specific voltage to components (ex. Provide CPU with core voltage). We know that CPU could be the hottest component inside a PC system, and we always care about the heat dissipation of it. Actually, the PWM circuit is quite hot too; especially when CPU is at full loading, large current passes through the PWM circuit and was converted to necessary CPU core voltage. Some ABIT boards show "PWM temperature" on BIOS setup page and Windows hardware monitoring tool. This provides users possible hottest temperature inside the PC chassis, and check whether the air conditioning inside the chassis needs to be enhanced or not. When CPU works heavily, the CPU temperature could be around 60 degree C; nevertheless, the PWM temperature may achieve 70 degree C or even higher; depends on the design of thermal convection. The safety limit of the PWM temperature is about 120 degree C, however, we strongly recommend improving the air flow and heat dissipation inside the PC chassis once it rises to 100 degree C.

Regards, Balrog

Thanks! I was trying to figure out what it is and what the safe range is for the temperature, so that answers my questions.

I'm presuming the CPU temp is on die and hopefully reasonably accurate, at least within a few degrees.

I may or may not be buying some memory soon and I am looking for suggestions. I would like to get 400Mhz out of the fsb of a aiuhb dut3c. Would I be better off getting some 3500 or 3700 and use tight timings or some 3200 thats already rated low? What's going to give me the best performance w/ the 2.7v wall?

For the AN35 Ultra I would get good 3200 that can run real tight timings.

There have been reported problems with OCZ and Corsair ram so you may want to avoid those.

Personally I think Mushkin is the best choice.

Scratch the guarnteed oem AIUHB DUT3C. It was on back order at gameve so I bought a retail 1800 from Newegg. I'll post my steppings when it arrives.

Kingston Hyper X 3200 will come later. No, its going to be the Buffalo 3700 whenever Newegg gets them back in stock around Valentine's Day. Both those sticks come with the same chipset and the Buffalo is 25 bones cheaper.

Last edited:
what's the NVIDIA chip for?

The AN35 doesn't have VGA out, so why does the board have an NVIDIA nForce chipset?

Just curious...

Tackett

NForce2 has two northbridges: MCP and MCP-T which has the MX 440 on-board. The AN35N uses the MCP.

Oh, and the MCP-T has better audio.

Back