• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best tablet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was thinking about getting a tablet for my girlfriend and I want one that is fast good CPU and good SSD space as well as memory. Any ideas?

I guess another question would be what OS? There are Windows, Android, and Apple OS tablets.
What phone is she using.

My wife & I both have iphones & ipads.

It also depends on what she will do on that tablet. If she wants to use it as a mixed tablet/laptop, then better would be something with Windows OS. If it's only to browse the web, watch movies, or something like that, then cheaper Android will be fine.

It also depends on what she will do on that tablet. If she wants to use it as a mixed tablet/laptop, then better would be something with Windows OS. If it's only to browse the web, watch movies, or something like that, then cheaper Android will be fine.
Good point now that I think a windows os would be better and faster.

There are new series with AMD mobile CPUs - the same as in higher laptops, 780M graphics, so can even play something. I know that Minisforum released one of those, but I don't know if I would trust it enough to recommend it to someone. If it was for me then I would probably buy it as I did with their motherboard, but they change products often, so it's hard to say if support and product updates will be available for longer. Either way, other brands should have something too, but I have nothing on my mind right now.

There are new series with AMD mobile CPUs - the same as in higher laptops, 780M graphics, so can even play something. I know that Minisforum released one of those, but I don't know if I would trust it enough to recommend it to someone. If it was for me then I would probably buy it as I did with their motherboard, but they change products often, so it's hard to say if support and product updates will be available for longer. Either way, other brands should have something too, but I have nothing on my mind right now.
That a very good point. On the intel side what gen cpus do they have for the tablets?

Back