• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s v2.0 - what is this temp sensor?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tyson-chris

hola all,

i'm running the system in sig. i also use mbm5 to keep an eye on all my temps and voltages. under temperatures, does anyone know what WINBOND 3 <some crazy serial code> is?

if i recall (i'm not on the comp now, but i'll check when i get home), winbond 1 is the cpu temp, winbond 2 is the "mobo" temp (the cpu and mobo temp might be the other way around, i don't remember exactly not) ... winbond 3 does not work, but there are 2 others under winbond 3, i think they're winbond 3 xyzabcdef (ie. some serial code) and there's another one underneath that as well..

ie. winbond 3 (does not work)
winbond 3 xyzxyzxyz
winbond 3 abcabcabc

by winbond 3 xyzxyzxyz gives me a temp reading of 127degrees! and winbond 3 abcabcabc gives me a reading of -48! that's not a typo, a NEGATIVE 48 degrees celsius. does anyone know what this is reading? going into sandra, mobo info, only shows 2 temperatures, and that's the cpu and mobo temp.

anyone? it's probably not a big deal, but i am a little worried that it might be like my mosfets or something (which i have yet to add heatsinks to)

thanks guys

im pretty sure there are only two temp sensors, winbound 1 is cpu winbound 2 is the system sensor. if you look in Bios>pc health you'll only see two sensors and you can easily compare the readings to see which reading is for which sensor. i dont know where it gets the negitives from but i get em too so its prolly just MBM trying to detect other nonexistant sensors.

flewdefur,

yea, i guess that's very possible. anyways, the actual name of the sensor is.

winbond 3
winbond 3 2n3904
winbond 3 diode

ok actually, after retesting, now. winbond 3 works, and gives me -48. winbond 3 2n3904 gives me 127degrees. and winbond 3 diode also gives me 127 degrees.

strange. well, i just tried some other things, and setting cpu/system to their corresponding "2n3904" or "diode" settings also gives ridiculous 127degree readings. so those probably don't exist. i guess the only thing then is winbond 3. i guess it's very possible that it doesn't exist and mbm is just making things up for it.

I don't wanna thread-dig, but I just had this problem myself, and I just got the SAME EXACT temperature reading, I think it's safe to say that that sensor for the nf7-s is borked and is not an actual sensor....

Finally, some closure to this post after around 3 years =P

i have the same reading too. Not a sensor, just random left over sensor chip section. I gauther the winbond chip supports 3 sensors but only 2 are being used. Forget about it and be happy :D

Back