• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPOX 8RGA+ & 2500 Barton.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huneycutt

OC'ing piece of cake.
In BIOS "Advanced chip set features" set to Expert, memory Auto, fsb 182, multiplier - clock ratio to default 11 and that puppy runs 2012MHz stable on air and that's fast enough for me.

http://www.nexfan.com/evcucoacofrs1.html

$90. CPU and $15.00 cooler and $7.00 freight and for a total of $112. I have a CPU running at almost the speed of a $254. 3000 and yeah, that makes me grin. :p

I had it up to 2195MHz but it scared me so I backed it off because 2.0GHz is more than plenty fast for this OldBird.

Show off? Well, yeah, if you count everyone else here who proudly shares the specs on their 'puter as show offs. I've been steady increasing the fsb and running stable as can be. Thanx for the memory tip, I just leave it on auto but might give it a whirl.

huneycutt said:
Show off? Well, yeah, if you count everyone else here who proudly shares the specs on their 'puter as show offs.

just add it into your sig ;)

by the way, what's the pr estimate of that overclock? (consult sisoft sandra)

"by the way, what's the pr estimate of that overclock? (consult sisoft sandra)

Frankly, I could care less what the pr estimate is or what Sandra or Louise tells me about my computer because it runs fast, stable and cool and I am very happy with it and, when you get right down to it, that is all that matters. If you're happy with what you have roll with it and jam on it.

See previous: "I had it up to 2195MHz but it scared me so I backed it off because 2.0GHz is more than plenty fast for this OldBird."

Senior Citizen here enjoying my Golden Years running on cruise control and diggin' it.

Honeycutt,

we seem to buying the same boards around the same time. When you bought your first Soltek 75frn2-rl, I purchased mine around the same time, now I see you to have gotten a 8RGA+, I just received mine from Newegg, along with a 1800 today, I have not gotten around to playin with them yet though.

Well i just thought It was a funny coincidence!! :cool:

Seems we have similar tastes, and do not expect alot from our new toys, but are happy with what they give us.

Nice overclock BTW:)

Yeah, coincidence personified Cutter. Getting old and my memory banks aren't what they use to be but think the 75FRN2RL was a dud and I RMA'd it for a 75MRN-L or whatever. The 75MRN-L has met and exceed all my expectations and couldn't ask for better.

At the advice of my computer Guru I bought two 2100 B core downgraded 2700's and EPOX 8RGA+ and built the second one and the 2100's OC to a 2700 no sweat. If I had to chose between the EPOX and Soltek it would be a hard decision. If that isn't enough I saw a 8RDA refurb for $51.00 and got it and it came like new in the box with no fingerprints on anything and got a 1900 that was a downgrade 2700 also.

It gets better. One day I was checking the computer classifieds on my ISP's website and saw a 'puter and 21" KDS monitor for $250. and called and the lady said she still had it so went to take a look see. (I didn't care about the computer because the 21" monitor was what I wanted.) Lo and behold the monitor was top notch, top of the line and beautiful. 'Puter was an old full tower P2 with lots of bells and whistles but Dinosaur vintage. Sems her hubby had passed away and every time she saw it it reminded her of him and sha wanted it gone. I told her the monitor alone was worth $250. and she said she knew it but wanted it gone, so my conscience was clear so I paid her and brought it home and delighted with the monitor.

I had a MB and CPU so all I needed was a CDRW and floppy because everything else in the full tower worked, so bought those and built a third 'puter. Know you think I'm crazy but it's my hobby and I enjoy playing with them. Some years back I sold our airplane and hung up my wings and sold the Corvette and speed boat and got comfy with life in the cruising lane. Believe you me, my three computers didn't cost anything near what a Cessna 182 Sky Lane cost nor a high powered speed boat or 'Vette.

To me it a very cheap hobby I really enjoy and my personality is such I need to keep learning and computers were something that always fascinated me and I knew absolutely nothing about. So, I went on line and started reading and learning and and eventually built my first one and a year later here we are OC'ing and havin' a ball. People have asked me to built one for them but I figure it would be a hassel and just don't need that because I own a good business and enjoy helping people and keeping busy. Retiring and just sitting down with nothing to do gives me the horrors and would surely send me for to long dirt nap.
So there it is Cutter and now you know the "rest of Huneycutt's story."

Like to say thank you to everyone on the various forums who were so kind and helpful sharing their knowledge with me learning computers because I couldn't have done it without them, and whenever I get the oppurtunity I help others when I can.

Things to do so have to get crackin'. Nice chattng with you and ya'll have a great week end. OldBird

Back