• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100+ cant break 185fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mycotopian

Help!!! 2100+ cant break 185fsb

Help me out here guys for some reason I cant break the 180fsb barrier no matter what multiplier or voltage I use. Please give me some ideas! I know I have the equipment to do it. Is it possible for a chip not to be able to do 200 fsb even on a 9x multiplier??See Sig for system.

Its the ram buddy. I had an 8dra+ and could get over 185 with my hyperx pc3000 no matter what. I upgraded to Twinmos pc3200 ch-5 chips and now im running 11.5x200 on air

First thing is just to verify that you are running your memory sync (6:6). Assuming you already have done that and have tried increasing your vmem voltage then I would suggest the L12 mod. On an NF7 thats the single biggest thing that can bring you more fsb with a 133 fsb chip.

Reason im saying its the ram is that even Kingston confirmed problems with there HyperX series and the 8rda+ and Abit board

I agree with Deathknight. There's an issue with the NF7-S's bios, which creates problems with 166fsb processors, not letting them overclock fsb wise. The L12 mod to set your default fsb to 133 will solve the problem.

Thanks guys I did the L12 mod (I think). I used 2 pieces of wire to bridge the pinholes like in this thread

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2025166#post2025166 (Scroll up to the pic)

Now I boot default as a barton 2700. However I am still unable to break 190 and get into windows. Whats strange is that I cant even boot at 190 unless I am at a 13x multiplier or greater. Does anybody have any idea would the problem could be?

Hrm there are some multipliers that don't work at higher fsb speeds I believe. I can't recall what they are off hand because I have not encountered this issue, I just know they are mults lower than what I am using. I will see if I can find the threads I read about this issue in.

I have a wcpuid screen shot I can post if someone can host the picture for me

Back