• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printer Help???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusnoetos

I know that Printers are not something discussed much here but I was not having much luck Googling my question.

I have a Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. It is giving me a 5012 error code. Of course the Canon website was absolutely no help. I even found a transcript of someone talking to Canon tech support dealing with the same code that had no result . Along with this I cant even verify what part of the printer is causing the code (paper jam, scanner, ink, etc...).

My printer had sat unused for about 6 to 8 months - moved around a few times - possibly even jolted. I just wonder if some internal part got shifted causing some sensor to throw a code?? With a previous printer that had a similar issue I was able to force a complete factory firmware reset - but I cant figure out how to do so. The stupid code has the printer locked up. Either way if anyone has any ideas i would be grateful.
Canon error.png

I guess this will give me the incentive to fix my Epson Artisan 837. - Clogged print head :facepalm:

Well I did find this:

Support Code 5012: Printer Error - PIXMA MG5520, MG5620, ...​

Article ID: ART143509|Date published: 05/13/2015|Date last updated: 06/02/202

Description​

Support Code 5012 generally means that the scanner on your PIXMA printer has failed and that service is required.

Solution​

Unfortunately, there is no solution to a 5012 error. Your printer will require service or replacement.

:eek: this is encouraging...

i wonder if your scanner is just out of sync from what it thinks it should be since you say its been wacked a few times. proobably could open it up and push the sensor bar thing, what ever its called, into place or see if its a toothed belt.

or you know, since it sounds like its an inkjet and probably needs new carts any way, junk it, hit up a thrift store and grab a laser printer. might only be black and white but it can sit for years and never dry up.

i grabbed one for $30 maybe printed on it 3 or 4 times over the course of 11 years or more and it never skipped a beat. the former spouse still has it

Back