• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S, killer NB HSF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've got an article coming soon on the front page here at overclockers that delves into this subject.

I've modded an old 50mm square i486/early Pentium CPU heatsink for the NB on the NF7 series, by cutting the fins off of two opposing corners, and then cutting a slot from those corners in towards the center of the sink just far enough to allow the OEM NB sink retention pins to hold the modded CPU sink on.

I've found a place online that sells a 50mm fan that flows 16 CFM, which is quite a bit higher than the one on the TT unit linked to above.

There's pics in the article that details exactly what I mean....;)

Yes, the TT item can be used, but the sink will need to be attached either using the Chromerics pad, or a 50/50 mix of Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive/AS3, or straight AS3 with a drop of superglue on a couple corners.

B.

Thankyou, Mr. B. Even though i'm not 100% for sure on this, i believe the proper cooling on the NF7-S is required to get a little more FSB and perhaps go a little bit passed that FSB wall some NF7-S users have run into.

Back