• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BIOS upgrade for D875PBZ (version P14)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dubobo2

Does anyone have any experience with Intel's newest BIOS upgrade (version P14) for their D875PBZ motherboard. Someone earlier, in another thread, warned about how "buggy" version P12 was, and recommended sticking with version P09. I was hoping that Intel may have straightened out some of the issues with this latest release of P14 which came out Sept 29,2003.
Thanks

The P14 BIOS has fixed the reboot and BSOD issues that plagued the P12 release. PAT is still disabled in this version however. The last BIOS that had PAT enabled was P05.

There's a giant thread about this board over at Asusboards forums. Almost everyone in that thread who flashed to P14 is happy with it. I flashed it the other day, and other than slower memory timings due to the lack of PAT, I'm happy with it so far. At least this is a stable release.

Thanks for your imput Ralf. Would the giant thread that your refering to be here within overclockers forum? I checked the asus boards threads within overclockers.com, as well as the asus website. I couldn't find it in either place. Thanks again for the p14 info, as I'll be setting up my board with it next week.

dubobo2 said:
Thanks for your imput Ralf. Would the giant thread that your refering to be here within overclockers forum? I checked the asus boards threads within overclockers.com, as well as the asus website. I couldn't find it in either place. Thanks again for the p14 info, as I'll be setting up my board with it next week.

It's here at Asusboards Forums.

I send 2 PBZ and 1 PERLK to RMA, that was enough for Me with Intel bios! Quake 3 is one of My favorite games and none of those boards was stable. Tried most available bios versions.

Now I have ASUS P4C800, stable with everything :)

Back