• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gygabyte GA-7VT600 1398

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paul260676

Registered
Can anyone help me, i have just upgraded to the above bord from a KT333, my KT333 was running an AMD 2400 at 333FSB quite happily, but now i've upgraded there is only an auto detect switch which now detects the CPU back at 266. Is there any way i can force it to 333 or 400 FSB or have i wasted my money and time unlocking the CPU. Please help:(

Not sure about that mobo so there are 3 possibilities.
1. the easiest would be just to set the FSB in the BIOS to 166 if at all possible.
2. If the mobo is similar to the VAXP then you could possibly get the FSB to 166 but joining solder points at SW1.
3. Finally you could alter the L12 bridges on the CPU to default it to 333BUS(166FSB).
Hood

under CPU Host change it to 166

image.php

Thank you man of knight but the picture you show is of the dram host clock not the CPU clock, auto sensing it at 266 the host clock gives me the option of 133-165 and no option to lock or change the AGP clock, i think it easier b4 my 7 days are up to send it back and exchange for the nforce2 as i hear you can lock and change the AGP independantly, the last thing i want to do is damage my new Radeon 9600pro

Thank you for all your advice but i decided that in the interests of overclocking fun to place an order for a Gigabyte GA7N400, i hope this is the right choice as on Monday my 7VT600 is sent packing back to the manufacture

Back