• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem OC FX8150 with GA 97A UD3 rev 1.0 Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There should also be a place in BIOS where you can enable XMP which should auto load the correct memory speed, timings and DRAM voltage for your kit.
XMP is not supported on that board. You have to set it all manually.

XMP is not supported on that board. You have to set it all manually.

Dang... Too many boards and not enough knowledge. ;)

I couldn't even remember offhand so I had to go back and check it out on my CHVF-Z. At least ASUS included a DOCP setting on that board.

Here are the RAM Settings in my BIOS. Also the Memtest86 after the settings were applied.

RAMSettings.jpeg

20May11_MemtestCorsair8Gb2.jpeg

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I can't remember, I may have changed a couple settings like the 'Command Delay' and 'RAs to Ras Delay' to mirror the SPD Column.

Mimic the settings in the SPD column. You're very close already.

I also notice that Memtest shows you at a 92 bclk. Is that true? You should be at 100.

BCLK is a setting in bios. You should leave that on default/auto. Overclock with the CPU core clock multiplier only, as in 40x, 41x, 42x, etc.

Solution, I dual boot win 7 with linux mint and their's a memtest86 on the bootloader. So I'm testing it that way. The corsair 16gb ram autos to 1333 speed with my setup and no other RAM in the 3rd and 4th spot. Interesting?!

I will post results after the memtest finishes.

When you say 3rd and 4th spot, are those counting dimms away from the socket? Most boards will specify a specific set of slots to use when not populating all of them. For your board, the manual states:

When enabling Dual Channel mode with two or four memory modules, it is recommended that
memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used and installed in the same colored
DDR3 sockets for optimum performance. when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets.

These are white on your motherboard, and numberd in this order when looking at the board in the standard ATX orientation (starting from the slot closest to the CPU socket) 4,2,3,1

Currently running it at x20 4.0ghz. Seems relatively stable at vcore 1.375. Gonna wait to oc further until I get the fan to blow on the vrms.

20May11_12minStresswCorsair16gb_4.0.GIF

RAM test with All the settings like SPD Column:

20May11_12minStresswCorsair16gbAllSettings_4.0.GIF

"RAM test with All the settings like SPD Column"

That's only the primary timings that you see in CPU-z. There are others that should show in bios. But don't worry yourself with it. Just stick to the basics.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I just meant I set the settings in the BIOS and this was my readout on HWInfo64 after with an Aida64 test. (-;

So I was "putzen" around this evening enjoying a glass of Toppling Goliath DIPA and pushing the clocks up a tad on the "ole-FX"...

2v2HBzyT8xAhvqS.jpg

2v2HBzyyCxAhvqS.png

Very good chip for just air. :thup:

Nice ram. Dom GT's?

Thanks Scotty.

I remember it as being a good clocker which is why I held on to the combo. The ram kit is the two stonger sticks from this Corsair XMS3 triple kit shown here:

https://www.overclockers.com/forums...rev-1-0-Mobo?p=8141475&viewfull=1#post8141475

I picked them up here in the OCF Classifieds quite some time back because they were early 2010 PSC and they ended up having some pretty good chips in them. :)

They can do 2133C8 ~1.66v DRAM on Haswell.

Corsair CMS3 1600C8 3x2GB kit.PNG

I'm not sure if you have seen this PSC overclocking video by "Luumi"? But a very impressive high bin kit he shows running...

In the future, What would your recommend mobo wise for a ryzen 5 2600x for example, if I wanted ability to do some overclocking and not break the bank? Say <$200 for a board?

Back